Moose Hunt

Skiman

The moose hunt is finally here. I have a tag for the wasatch range (south of parleys). I have been doing some scouting, but was wondering if anyone has seen any monster bulls around that area. I plan to take my bull with my bow which is why I am posting this here. I hope everyone is seeing some success. Our colorado elk hunt was awsome this year with 3 for 3 on bull tags. All 5 pointers, all great bulls for bows. Good luck to everyone.

When is the hunt? Last year I spent a huge amount of time in that area hunting deer and elk. I always bumped into moose. I have only been up in that area once this year. The moose I encountered in the area were not spooky at all. I walked right up to several nice bulls and took great pictures with a point and shoot camera with a 3x zoom from about 10 yards. I can't seem to get the pictures to upload. If you want to see some pics, pm me your email address and I will email them to you.

The first part of the hunt started today (13th). It runs through the 23rd and then reopens october 4th. I dont mind giving out my e-mail, but I can't figure out how to pm on this site. But I would love to see the photos. Thanks for the reply!

It is easy to send me a private message. At the top of my post next to "troutsniffer" there are several icons. Just click on the envelope.

there were a couple of huge bulls killed their last year. I personaly havent seen anything this year I would hang a once in a life time tag on. Good luck! Ill keep my eye out if you give me a heads up on the elk in the same area.

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I for sure will be looking out for the elk for you. I have a rifle tag for elk, but not in that area. But I love watching elk. I will let you know. Thanks for the reply.

I have always seen big bulls in Lambs canyon. Drive to the end of the main road and hike up to the left side behind the lake. It is posted as private but it is not. It is public land. I worked for over ten years a a SLC Deputy and have talked with the local FS guy. It is public land. There are usually big bulls in the area.

Thanks for the info on Lambs Canyon. I have been planning to scout up Parleys next (After Big Cottonwood). Thats good to know about the private- I was reading another post about people posting private to keep other hunters out. Is that what is going on here? Or do you cross through a small part of private to get to the lake or what? What ever the deal is I am having the time of my life on this hunt. I plan to make the most of it. Thanks again, and good luck.

There is some private land up Lambs and the people in that area are very protective and they will call the sheriff if you are on their lands. Just know where you are and be careful. Like SW said, the Lambs area got pounded on last year's moose hunt. There were 8-10 bulls killed in that area (hunters and road) that I know of so the quality is down. Shoot me a PM if you are willing to go away from the Front. I had a guide in my shop the other day and this guy knows moose, in fact he is a Wasatch moose nut. He was complaining about the lack of large bulls this year. The antler growth just hasn't been as good. Best of luck on your hunt and don't let it get you too frustrated, I didn't kill mine last year until late October.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

This is a little out of your unit, but I thought you might like to see some more moose pics. After these pics were taken he roughed up my trailcam a little. Good luck on your hunt.
48d5e79f45e1565a.jpg

48d5e7d6463a74a2.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom