Moose in Jarbidge

nv_hunter

Very Active Member
My friend drew an Elk tag for the Jarbidge mountains, He set trail cams and caught a moose on the cam. Guess we have them in the silver state now.

The restaurant/bar in Jarbidge has a picture in it (taken last fall) of a bull moose. It was photographed just down the road from Jarbidge.

They have showed up from time to time around Wells, Jarbidge, those areas for at least the last few years. I think it was last year there were reports of one around Wells or Jackpot. Probably got his ass kicked in ID and headed out. Those ID moose are puzzies!

they have also been spotted in the Taylor Canyon area toward Tuscarora. I have seen pictures of a bull moose over there.

More than ten yrs. ago now, I was a Ranger at Wild Horse. I remember a front-page pic in the local newspaper of a bull moose taken close-up from a survey helicopter. Also , there was another occasion where a USFWS person heard about a moose on the loose, was able to locate it and closed to take pics, but instead got trampled and busted up pretty good and had to be hospitalized. And one day, the local NDOW warden came into my office to store a respectable bull moose skull he had obtained from up on the Petan Ranch. Whether this is any evidence that these animals are just transient or established probably remains to be seen in the future.

Kevin, my brother friend and I we were headed out to Rock Creek Ranch and as we were getting to the cattle guard bout halfway to the ranch a nice bull moose was off to our right and then crossed just ahead of us. Talk about a sight and no one believed us to this day. I just tell them to go to the fish and game office they have pics. So they are around B-Town as well

This was sent to me yesterday a moose in area 6.
10242013092295095822.jpg

Is this state like Texas in where any animal not listed as a game animal by the state is thereby classified as an exotic and can be hunted without regulation?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-13 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-13 AT 08:05?PM (MST)

I'm sure if you used the excuse of it being exotic you would then be required to wear a sign that says "I'm an Idiot"

Hey Mark..sent you a pm

>LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-13
>AT 08:05?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-13
>AT 08:05?PM (MST)

>
>I'm sure if you used the
>excuse of it being exotic
>you would then be required
>to wear a sign that
>says "I'm an Idiot"
>
>Hey Mark..sent you a pm

I don't see it anywhere in the regs stating moose is considered a game animal. No state regs claiming it is a game animal or protected kind of means its an non-native exotic. Just calling it like it seems. Unless I'm wrong, please show me where I can find it.

Elk in Texas are considered exotics, even though they were transplanted into the Davis Mtns and have been running free for decades.

Personally saw a bull on golf course in Jackpot 6-8 years ago. Hope fish and game can keep some around!

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-13 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]>>[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-13

>
>I don't see it anywhere in
>the regs stating moose is
>considered a game animal. No
>state regs claiming it is
>a game animal or protected
>kind of means its an
>non-native exotic. Just calling it
>like it seems. Unless
>I'm wrong, please show me
>where I can find it.
>
>
>Elk in Texas are considered exotics,
>even though they were transplanted
>into the Davis Mtns and
>have been running free for
>decades.

Z you are in fact wrong. Per NAC 503.020 Moose are in fact listed as a Game mammal in Nevada.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom