Moscow/8a

I

IDAbowhunter

Hey guys I am going to be a student at the University of Idaho this upcoming fall and was just wondering how the elk hunting is in that area. I am pretty loaded down with classes and wont be able to take time off to travel to my normal hunting areas. I am basically wondering when the elk typically bugle, and just how the hunting is in general. I appreciate any tips or advice for the area and I'm really looking forward to getting out there!

P.S. I will be archery hunting.
Thanks

I went to school at U of I and had some great elk hunting experiences there. You can drive 30-40 minutes from campus and be hunting. Even with a full load I hunted 3-4 time/week before and after class.

There's quite a few elk near Moscow but my experience was they act more like whitetails and don't do a whole lot of bugling...they are sneaky. The further out you go the more rutting activity you'll see and hear.

You'll start hearing bulls bugle 1st of Sept.

If you want I'll share my 5 years worth of secret spots. Haven't been back for 6 years but I'm sure they will still be good, at least a place to start.

Go Vandals!

I agree with Muley24seven completely! I also went to school up there and chased elk around a lot! There are lots of elk within 30 minutes of school and I found a treestand near a waterhole worked well for me! You can also pattern them pretty well and find main trails from the ag fields. Get to know the landowners up there and don't act like your a student! I was a reservist with IDFG and met a lot of landowners that way! Good luck and GO VANDALS!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom