Mount Rockmore

Feleno

Long Time Member
We've all seen Mount Rushmore which depicts some of the greatest men in American history. If they make a Mount Rockmore, showing the most iconic Rock n Roll icons, who would be your 4 faces?

Hendrix
Jagger
Elvis
Lennon

A few others that might be close to making the mountain
Bono
Marley
Michael Jackson

Ozzy is the #1 clear choice, then Elvis, Hendrix, and a toss up between several others...

Hey Feleno, can you show me a picture from your vacation to Mount Boobmore??

~Z~

I think nevercatch is on to something regarding boob more.

Elvis, Jimi Hendrix...Lennon?, nope. Dunno who after that.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I don't like the Beatles but they were probably the most influential band in history. Had to put one of them in there.

I'll see what I can do about Boobmore

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-11 AT 12:12PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/5223stevie-ray-vaughan-promo-photo-opener[1].jpg

problems loading....but I'd submit SRV to the list of nominees.

Tough one I will say. Clapton, Hendrix, Ray Vaughn, and oddly enough I would stick Johnny Cash up there (I know he isn't rock, but the man left his mark on music history) and there are probably a few others that escape me at the moment as far as individuals go. Now as far as groups the Beatles, the Who, Led Zepplin, AC/DC, Motley Cr?e, the Stones and a few others would get my knod of approval to go on Mount Rockmore.
WVBOWAK

Ya'll are old! Lennon??? Really?? Wtf?

Rock isn't a idividual thing to me, it should be the band, not just 1 person. Ya there are some pretty badass individuals but to get 3 or more guys with a attitude to do what they do together is awesome! Motley crue, def leppard, metallica, acdc, van halen (hard on singers...) Poison, megadeath all the way to staind, trapt, puddle of mudd, bullet for my valentine, avenged sevenfold, sevendust.

I could go on....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Good is hitting a target everyone can see. Genius is hitting a target no one else can see.

lol-If you put Les Paul's face up there everyone would be wondering who is that guy and what is he doing up there???

I'll just add....I've loved the Beatles from day one, but I don't consider them a Rock band. They have done a few rock and roll songs, but mostly they did "beatle music". Nothing like it before, or since.

Eel

Where's Mount Boobmore already???!!!

"We can have no "50-50" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all".
Theodore Roosevelt

I too vote Metallica!

Simply the baddest of all time!

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

If you are asking about icons, the answer is pretty easy:

Hendrix
Elvis
Lennon
Dylan

If a Mount Rockmore were to be done, I think it should be the most influential guys of all time. I'd say the most influential would be:

Hendrix
Buddy Holly
Dylan
Chuck Berry

Those guys are the pioneers, the most influential, though not the most iconic.

Rug hit the nail on the head......

Steve
Don't leave your keys in your car or it WILL get stolen. :(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom