MOUNTAIN GOAT EXPERTS

wapitiwhistler

I was fortunate enough to draw a Nanny Mt. Goat tag on Willard Peak this year and have been doing as much scouting as possible. We backpacked in last week and this is what I found. I think this is the tallest Goat I have seen up there all summer Nanny or Billy. I honestly thought she was 12" when I first found her. What are your thoughts? Nanny?

3329screen_shot_2013_07_29_at_10.jpg

9926screen_shot_2013_07_29_at_10-1.jpg

7700screen_shot_2013_07_29_at_10-2.jpg

Definitely a nanny, but not sure I could shoot with the kid there. Keep us posted on your scouting trips and hunt. That's the same hunt I've been applying for.

Seen several Hunters Shoot Nanny's because it's all come down to Horn Size in Life!

Then Reality sets in:"""I Shot a Nanny?"""

They be lookin at nothing but Horns!

JUDAS!

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

>Seen several Hunters Shoot Nanny's because
>it's all come down to
>Horn Size in Life!
>
>Then Reality sets in:"""I Shot a
>Nanny?"""
>
>They be lookin at nothing but
>Horns!
>
>JUDAS!
>
>
>
>
>This Story happens alot it's True!
>
>But Ya Best Hope it don't
>ever happen to you!
>

So are you saying this is a Nanny?

>>Seen several Hunters Shoot Nanny's because
>>it's all come down to
>>Horn Size in Life!
>>
>>Then Reality sets in:"""I Shot a
>>Nanny?"""
>>
>>They be lookin at nothing but
>>Horns!
>>
>>JUDAS!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>This Story happens alot it's True!
>>
>>But Ya Best Hope it don't
>>ever happen to you!
>>
>
>
>So are you saying this is
>a Nanny?

Is that not a Kid with it's Mother?

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

I guess a close look at the Azzhole part in that last picture should show ya which gender it is.

I wouldn't worry about the kid It's old enough now to be on it's own.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/8002photo.
5866dsc02102.jpg

here are a couple of pics. The taxidermy is of my nanny with horns a little over 12".
the other is a nice billy around 9", I can't quite remember. You can see from your pics and mine that the nannies have horns that are more slender and curve back right from the start. Where as billies have thicker horns that curve right on top. talk to local biologist and watch goats as much as possible. watch them squat.

Definately a nanny. 9 1/2 inches I would say. I had the tag last year and had a blast. It's rare to see a nanny without a kid. It's old enough to be on its own.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom