Mountain Goat

Darkcloud

What do all you goat experts think about the goat on the right. I watched him for a few hours and compared him with the surrounding goats and he was almost twice the size in body as the rest of them. Do you think he's a shooter?
4313goat_desktop.jpg

Hard to say from that distance. Clearly looks to be a big, bodied goat. A close up pic would certainly help.

Eldorado

eldorado is right it is a tough call. i tried zooming in but it got really pixled up.

Doesn't really tell you anything unless yer looking for a big bodied goat. Maybe his right horn is half broke off...

Sorry I zoomed in just fine on my computer and could see everything pretty good. I thought I put that pic up, but I guess I grabed the wrong one. I will get a better pic.

Hey cloud, If nothing else, that looks like a GREAT place to
shoot one of them rock climbing buggers,,,AND recover it (thumbs up).

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Now that's better. Definite shooter. His huge body makes his horns look smaller than they actually are.

Eldorado

big body for sure. I was shocked at how big the body on my billy was when I walked up on it. I rugged it and it squared over 7 feet.

The all time classic statement about judging mountain goats from pics is "it's a little hard to tell". I'll put myself in that category on this one and add that the mass doesn't look to exceptional but prob over a 9" goat. looks like a nice one!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom