Mountain man sightings

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
The Cedar city mountain man has move and has been seen on Monroe and Fish lake area.He is breaking into cabins and doing the same thing as he has in the Cedar city area.. With the archery hunts starting . Those hunting may want to be packing for there own protection.Walking up on this guy could be worse then walking up on a bear !
Be carefull and be aware.

You got a Trail Cam on your Cabin Porch/Door BIGJOHN?

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

We went up tonight after I talked to you John...I put my pistol in....just in case!

Stupid crazy people....I wish they would catch him!

Don't worry FLEH!

I'll keep an eye on things down town while you're Hunting!:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

The archery guys are about to feel like the indians did 130 years ago. I hope they can catch this guy before he goes and kills some hunters.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Aug-06-12 AT 11:32AM (MST)[p]The cops where up on the mountain this weekend talking to us . The officer told us about it. I guess they left his truck at the road. Hiked him into the middle of a lava field and shot the man. I guess making it harder to find the guy giving him time to get away . They have also had two eye witness acounts of him in the last two weeks. One at Um pass and the other up by lake louise off of the Tasha creek trail.

Everytime I head of into the mountains I am packing my revolver for my own personal safety. I have been asked if I am that afraid of the lions and bears and my response is always the same. I am more afraid of some wack-job human out here than I am of getting attacked by any animal. This guy is just that, a wacko. Bad part is if this nut encounters another person, even if the person is armed, you will likely not have enough time or warning to protect yourself. Most animals will run away but a human willing likely not and there are more crazy humans than lions and bears.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Where in the fish lake area has he been seen bigjohn?? Has he been in to any cabins yet?

"Authorities have compared Knapp to Davy Crockett, the 19th century Tennessean survival expert known as 'King of the Wild Frontier'"

Really? My bubble just got burst. I never knew Davy Crockett was a douche thief.

Eel

Really Steve. Just wait until this nut finds a young family. Maybe then you'll see an effort at bringing this wacko to justice.

Agree with Eel. I remember some on here when this first came up that I felt glamorized the guy. In my opinion just a thief and most likely a poacher as well. Be careful out there bow hunters you are outgunned.

Heading to fishlake area this weekend with family. I'll be taking the 44 mag to keep me company while out and about. If I come across him, I'll introduce my trusty side kick to him.....

Tattoo's on ones neck or face is usually not a good sign. Probably started his journey from N Idaho.

Is there a news article or something that can back up your claims of him being on the Fishlake? If a wacko like him has really been seen up there you would think they would tell the locals to be on the look out.

Yes some how the the law enforcement guys knew he was coming. The guy that got broken into had removed all religious painting and so on from the cabin a few weeks before. He only ate his food ,showered and left. We ask the cop are they sure it is this guy and he said yes. We have his dna and know his m.o. They also had two eyewitness acounts of him in the area.
As far as the killing i tried to look it up and found nothing. The cop said he was a suspect and one of the cabin owners from Cedar also had heard about it. Sorry that all I have for ya !

I agree with the warning of the local people in the area. You would think that if there was any chance of this guy being in the area, the authorities would certainly warn people.... at least in the richfield reaper (local paper) or something???

this makes me nervous for the bow hunt. living in cedar city, being a red head and having facial hair. someone might see me out there with my pack and camo and think i'm him and take a shot at me.. i'm mostly curious as to how they cant find him. i guess when i get my degree and hopefully work with some form of government i will have to head up the search party for the wack job

Bowhunter22, that is scary to say the least. IMO you got about 3 choices. Shave your face and head, die your hair dark or just don't go. You are correct that other hunters are going to think you are Knapp weather you have a bow in your hand or not. That's a real bummer for you but I'm not sure it's something I would risk. Might be some other nut job out there looking to make a name for himself and hold you at gun point or worse yet, shoot you.

Eel, I feel exactly the same way. Davy Crockett was NOT a crook and it sure boils my blood to hear anyone compare this POS to a legend like Davy. This guy is no better IMO than that POS Robert Fisher who they STILL haven't caught.

GBA

The cop we talk to was officer Larson . I think he was out of Loa . It was dark ,but he was in a truck I think a sheriff.

>haha i better shave, dye my
>hair, and go change my
>name then!

gingers should be kept home anyway, don't you know there is sun outside?? Seriously though, I think we romanticize guys like this, in short he is just some homeless thief, poacher, no different then the guys under the bridge.

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom