Mr. Heater Big Buddy

jat16

I'm looking at buy a Jumping Jack trailer and wondering what heating options I have. I'm be told that propane heaters won't stay lit due to the lack of oxygen.

Anybody have experience with Mr. heaters in High elevation?

I have a 27 ft enclosed trailer. I mounted a Empire with a thermostat and it works great I just crack a roof vent to cut down on condensation

They don't work well at high altitudes. It even explains that in the instructions. When you turn them on high it turns off. It's not the o2 sensor. We found that we had to run it on the lowest setting to keep it on. Kind of sucks when it's freezing cold. Good thing we also had a wood stove in the tent. Thought the buddy heater would be easier.

I use one in my 24? enclosed trailer at 9000? elevation and haven't had any issues, I open both vents a little to cut down on condensation as mentioned above.

I have one I use in my tent. Works very well. I've used it at length last year at 10k feet. I've experienced a few times when it's not lit up as I would expect, but usually just tilting it a little will get things going fine.
I run it all night often. No problems.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

This is from my instructions. Where camp a lot over 9000 feet. After trying to light it several times. We gave up on it. But did get it to restart but it would only run on the lowest setting without going out. http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/642571fef8f86b4804d92b94d7d71ff048a93.jpeg I still use my big buddy with the blower on it. I even have the hook up to run the larger bottle outside the tent. I only read the instructions after having a problem. Of course it's not listed on the front of the box. But just beware if this happens to you. Just have your wood stove ready if your camping up high on a late cow hunt in January. Not enough snow to get the snowmobiles in but the elk far enough away on the melted off sides of the south slopes.

Propane heat is damp and does a poor job of drying gear. However, it's far better than no heat! JMHO.

Norkal

"One can take my life but not my faith or my
confidence"
"I fear none and respect all"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom