MREs

Mre's are really heavy. The law requires the military to be able to have a certain amount of calories per day.

If you don't plan to be out in the woods for more than 6 to longer days at a set, think Lipton meals. You can get them at your local grocer for less than 2$ a packet. They are light, and full of the carbo's you need to sustain yourself during this time. I've done some extremed packing/hunting trips with these things and have come out full. Augment them with protein bars and energy bars, you'll be good to go.

I've ordered them from this company and was real pleased with the service and the freshness of the MRE's. Some that come from surplus stores are older than the hills and taste lousy.

I like the amount of calories in them when backpacking but they are heavy to carry so they get used the first night then on to the freeze dried stuff.

http://theepicenter.com/mre_military_meal_ready_to_eat.html

You can get them at 4900 S. Redwood Road in SLC...Army/Navy surplus. They get the heaters every once in a while also.

I order 'em by the case through Brigade Quartermaster.

www.brigadequatermaster.com.

They are heavy, but I looove the peaches!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-07 AT 01:12PM (MST)[p]Thank's to all for the info, I will check it out.

We had a guy some MREs on a lion hunt last winter and you can't beat them for an easy hot meal in the hills.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom