MT 700 ANTLP TRESPASS HUNTS

7mmULTRAMAG

IS THERE ANY RANCHES IN THE JORDAN MT AREA THAT WILL LET YOU HUNT FOR A REASONABLE FEE WHERE THERE WILL NOT BE A LOT OF OTHER HUNTERS AND A CHANCE AT A GOOD ANTELOPE
THANK YOU
7mmULTRAMAG
WAITING FOR THE MT DRAW RESULTS WITH GREAT HOPE

Try this way and see if you can find some ranchers that will let you on their place.
Go to: www.google.com In the search area type: ranches in Jordan, MT You should be able to find something and go from there.
If nothing that eay, go back and change your search info to something else, maybe just Jordan, MT. But you should be able to finally get some type of response. Good luck.

Brian

You might call the Montana Game and Fish department (or whatever the name is for this function in Montana) and ask if they maintain a list of landowners accepting trespass fees. Wyoming Game and Fish local offices maintain such a list, and it seems such an obvious idea that maybe Montana Game and Fish does the same. You can call each of the people in your unit and discuss their fees and the hunting offered. I found there was a spread of prices and a range of hunting opportunities in just a single unit in Wyoming.

You would have better luck contacting the chamber as they will know exactly where to go and to whom you need talk to. There are many places that allow fee hunting around Jordan. Some ranchers allow everyone and anyone at anytime so you could be in a crowd, some limit it to a daily number. Some may ask for a little more $$$ but are willing to give exclusive access at least for a day.

Garfield County, Montana Chamber of Commerce
PO Box 370
Jordan, MT 59337
Phone: 406-557-6158

Jordan, Montana Chamber of Commerce Website:
http://www.garfieldcounty.com/

Just my 2 cents

Nemont

I hunted antelope around there 3 years ago. I made the drive out there without an exact place to go. I stayed in Glendive, but I hunted in between Jordan and Miles City down along Hwy 59.

My aproach was asking landowners personally. I talked to 7-8 landowners along the way, told them I had a tag and was interested in hunting antelope and everyone but 1 said no problem. And the 1 wasn't rude, just didn't allow anyone but family. The rest were some of the nicest people I had ever met. Some went so far as to show me their actual land boundries on a personal map, as they usually own a few sq. miles.

Usually the only request the had was don't hunt anywhere near their cattle, if they had any. I ended up taking a nice goat on some ladies property, and she would not take anything from me. The only thing I could get her to take was a couple jars of canned salmon.

Only a suggestion, might not work for everyone.

Muleyslyr is right. I hunted near Lewistown last year and just went up to ranchers doors and asked. All but one said o.k. Most of the ranchers disliked the antelope, so it was pretty easy to get a yes.

Good luck!

Jeremy mulino oregon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom