Mtn Goat

JRABQ

Just got my Mtn Goat back from the taxidermist, just wanted to give a shout out to Carl Chavez of Mountain Legends, he did a really nice job. Photos of white animal against a white background don't do justice, I'll try to get some better pics in the AM. This is a full body on a wall ledge, above my entry door, it was a pain to get that thing up there, and there were some casualties. But it's done. Shot the goat last year in Montana, I was surprised how big in body they can get.

6019p1030962red.jpg

1793p1030963red.jpg

Awesome mount. Where in MT? I drew Mt. Goat hunt in Snowcrest mountains in MT this year? Take any intel if it happened to be same unit.

Wish I could help Paul, but it was 361, a new unit that opened up last year. Only 2 tags, in fact I shot the first goat taken there. I lucked up again and drew a moose tag this year near Big Sky, so Montana has suddenly shown me some love after ~14 years of applying. Good luck on your hunt!

Congrats Paul on that tag. Best of luck. I'm heading south Friday to chase elk in the Black Range .

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom