Mtn Nebo on fire

ditchparrot

As I type, the face of Mt Nebo is on fire. The fire started on the north side of Willow Creek canyon sometime this morning after 6 am. I did not see any fire when I was on my way home from a graveyard shift at 6. When I woke up around 2 this afternoon, I was sad to see the smoke and flames.

What's weird is the location the fire started. It started about half way up the Mtn in the Mohagany and Oak Brush. We have not had any lightning the last couple days so I assume it is human caused. I was wondering if Founder's clip he posted when he spent the night next to a fire, inspired somebody to do the same. LOL, but they didn't totally put out their fire, nice Founder!!

Where the fire is burning now will mostly affect the wintering animals. I just hope they get it put out before it climbs higher into the Pines or over the top and go down the backside, that would not be good. The forecast is calling for possible rain showers on Wed thru Thurs, let's hope for rain and it knocks the fire out.

I was a little north of there and at 0330 this AM there was lightening going on prety good. may not mean anything but there was a storm early monday morning...
I was at UVMC in provo and it ruined my lunch...LOL

I saw the smoke tonight from my house and wondered where it started. I sure hope they get it under control. The problem with the face of Nebo being on fire is the rugged terrain. It's steep, nasty country up there. If it climbs, it will climb fast!

It's always an adventure!!!

Don't know how I missed the storm, I was on patrol all night and thought it was warm and dry all night. I live in Mona and just hope it gets put out real quick!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom