Mule deer hunt for child with life-threatening disease

B

bigbuckman2

Colorado offers hunting licenses to youth ages 12-21 with "a terminal illness or life-threatening disease or injury". A conservation group I work with knows of a youth that qualifies. We have been in contact with the Division of Wildlife and they explained to us that the license issued must be for use on private proprty. We would like to make this hunt happen. Does anyone know a private property owner that would be willing to allow a 14 year old to hunt mule deer on their land? We are looking for a rut hunt for a good buck with the potential for a great buck. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If you would like to hunt Colorado there is an organization called Hunt of a Lifetime. A friend of mine has done two of these hunts the last two years. The tag was issued to the youth and was good on public land and we hunted after all the other deer seasons had ended, in December. Send me a private message with your phone number and I can help you with this if you would like. Its a great program for these kids.

Thanks, Skeet

I posted a link over at another Colorado site to see if anyone can help out.

Wish I had the private land access. Have you touched base with any of the Ranching for Wildlife ranches to see if they could assist?

Steve,

I forwarded an email from Aaron at Wilderness Adventures Inc. He thinks he can help you out. Let us know how it goes. Share some video and pics and maybe it can happen more often.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Thanks everybody for your help. Brian, Aaron has been contacted. Thanks again. It looks promising.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom