Mule deer hunt

BuckRage

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-12 AT 00:35AM (MST)[p]I got a tag in NM Unit 24 rifle Nov 10-14 for mule deer buck. First time mule deer or hunting in NM. Any advice on the unit or how to choose an area or what to look for would be greatly appreciated. I'm used to whitetail in Texas but NM mulie deer has been high on my list. I have researched but its nothing like hearing it first hand from experienced hunters. Thanks.

Tough unit for big mule deer. There are a lot of road hunters so if you get off the road you will find the deer. Get on top of a high point and glass. Thats the best way to find mule deer bucks.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-05-12 AT 02:49PM (MST)[p]Thank you massivecoues. That's what I thought that unit would be like. Figure as long as I can get in front of the road hunters I would be ok. Any advice on what area on that unit to look at?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom