mule deer hunting

idelkslayer

It has been 14 years since the last time I hunted mule deer before moving north into whitetail country. Back then I killed my first deer, a doe and later a small 4 pt.

I plan on hunting more high elevation areas on the weekends and lowland areas on weekdays after work.

I would appreciate your mule deer hunting tips and tricks of the trade. I'm not asking for your spots just asking about methods and mule deer habits, although if you really want to give me the keys to your honey hole I won't stop you. Or if you know of a good source online or in book format that I could reference that would be helpful also. I will be mostly in unit 76 if that helps any.

Also of interest to me is the typical hunting attitude of other hunters. How many are fair weather hunters or how many never go far from roads.

I always put lots of time in and hunt any type of weather, especially rainy days, every buck my family killed last year was in a rain storm, if you put time in and go where not many people go you should have good luckEspicially in idaho, don't pass on a buck that you pass on the first day but shoot on the last day!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom