mule deer suggestion

elkliver

Earn a preference point for every cougar you kill! Earn a point for every 20 coyotes your turn in. Its going to take more points to draw a tag but i guarantee you the predators will be hunted every weeked

Its going to be tough to get them to cut the tags that they need to cut. You are still going to have the guys that just want to go camping with a gun and they don't care that numbers are way down. Plus DFW won't cut tags because of lost revenue. Someone already suggested breaking portions of units off and i think that would work ok. Still have high levels of tags in half the unit and really cut the other half (80%?). After 5 years, sell more tags in the limited side(not like before) and cut the other half.

One thing i think they could do to keep revenue up and still limit tags is offer more premier hunts. I don't mean just late hunts as those tend to be slaughter zones. Instead offer 10 tags in a certain unit the week before Archery. or an early Muzzy hunt. Offer 1 tag that is good for 2 months in 1 unit of your choosing. You would have 1000 people applying for that limited tag. You cut numbers but still have tons of people applying because it would be a tag worth having.

There is no reason you couldn't get creative and still limit the harvest.

Break the 12 day hunt into 3 seperate hunts, Most people are going to apply for the first one but it would break up the pressure and the applications. You would have 1/3rd the people in the woods opening morning.

Take a half a unit or 2 and sell tons of tags but close almost all the roads. for that week.

The biggest thing is ....DO SOMETHING!!!!! NOW! the Deer can't wait 5 years to see if the MDI works

P.S. Impose Killer Bees wolve idea!!!

Well look at it this way, there is nothing you could do that would make it any worse than it is now. go for it.

i would really like to see points given out for the species of your choice for every poacher turned in and convicted...

Dave32g,

Not a bad suggestion. Or, like Utah, you obtain a tag for the unit you caught the poacher in and if the poacher is convicted. Problem is, in Oregon you would most likely bust a poacher on an OTC area, so the incentive would have to be a tag like Hart Mountain deer or Wenaha elk.

I don't think points for predators would be a reality. The renegade hunters behind dogs would be hunting the Wenaha every year for elk.

Back
Top Bottom