Must read!

WOW, JIMBO TOOK A BUNCH OF HITS ....THIS IS MESSY STUFF. JIMBO IS GETTING ON IN YEARS, AN MIGHT BE GETTING A BIT CONSERVATIVE IN THE LATTER STAGES. YD.

I agree with him 100%!

Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

I don't agree at all. Many people choose to use an ar for target shooting, coyote hunting, and lots of other shooting sports. Doesn't make them terrorist, non-sportsman. I'm just against anything that has to do with anti-gun. Give them an inch and they want a foot. I don't think people should budge on their gun rights. Anyhow what makes any weapon more sportsman-like than the next?

BINGO HUNTERJMJ, IF ITS ANTI-GUN ITS A WEDGE DRIVING- DIVIDE AND CONQUER CRUSADE. THIS BENEFITS ONLY THE ANTI GUN/HUNT GEEKS. ALLOW HUNTERS TO MAKE A CHOICE OF WEAPON FOR THEMSELVES AS GUN RIGHTS WERE MEANT TO BE. ITS ALWAYS AN ADVANTAGE TO SEE THE BIG PICTURE (THE WHOLE 360 DEGREE PICTURE)... YD.

Seems he's more concerned with symbolism than substance.
For me that puts him in the category of not being worthy of trust to defend gun rights universally. I don't know if he ever did, really, in a serious manner. Has he?
His article's omission of backing an American's right (period!) to own an "assault weapon" at all is, on his part, an oversight that may cost him some CYA time, or there's something more disturbing about the man. He's got a lot of readers, and I hope they let him know he just fouled up. Maybe a little humble pie will remind him not to speak as such where it's None Of His Effing Business what gun a person carries.
Regardless, my suspicion is up now and I'm curious to know what other "limitations" the exhalted Zumbo finds desirable.
Perhaps he finds Maryland's Assault Weapons Ban-2007 as a "reasonable" piece of legislation, too! I just read that bill--boy, are they out for the guns over there...again.
It's a political statement if I ever heard one! Maybe he's hedgin' bets so he don't get blacklisted if the Lefty gun-grabbers take over the Exec. and the Sup. Court and his publisher's office!
Okay, that's stretching it a little...but I'm piffed at the SOB--he just made the poo-poo pile with that garbage.

I do not like the article one bit. I have been an old shool hunter all my life. When I say that I mean that I have always had a normal "hunting rifle", wood stock, bolt action type. Well this year I decided to take a look at the AR and see what everyone else that had one was bragging about. I ended up buying one from my local gun dealer. I took it out to the range and it is a tack driver with factory ammo. As I took the gun apart and looked at it, it is not much different than many of my varmint guns. The only real difference is the way it looks. They are black and look like a military gun. Just because a gun looks like this does not make it a "terrorist" gun. The fact that Jim Zumbo labeled this a such has me very offended as a gun owner. Do you not think that back in the day when they first came out with the "six shooter" that all the people using the "single shots" felt a little stange about them. Of course they did, but when you take the time to actually learn about the gun there is nothing terrorist about it. Any gun in the hands of a terrorist is a deadly weapon. It could be a single shot 22 or an AR 15. Once you start banning guns it will never stop and we as sportsman will be losing our right to bear arms. We need to all stick together or owning any gun will be a thing of the past. Just my .02

I don't care much for Jim Zumbo but I think he is right!!! Hunters don't need to be lumped in with the word terrorist in any way shape or form.. It's a great stance to take as a hunter. He didn't call hunters terrorist either..

"I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles. They tell me that some companies are producing assault rifles that are "tackdrivers."
----
If he is such a traditionalist why dont he leave his automobiles at home and saddle up his horses and ride to his hunting grounds,he can then persue his quarry with a longbow or better yet a spear.It's funny how some hunters throw the word "traditional" out there.

Give the ANTI'S an inch and they will take a mile.

99% of anti hunters dont even step foot in the outdoors,they sit on thier asses and let some other anti group draw thier own conclusion about whats right and whats wrong.

horsepoop.gif

I have one of these guns and use it on prairie dogs and yotes. I tell you there is no funner gun out there.

I don't go around pretending I'm a commando or anything like that. Just plane old responsible sportmanship. The fact that I have a 15 round clip on a prairie dog town is no less ethical than shooting gophers with a tube magazined .22 rimfire. Which I did extensively when I was young.

As far as shooting at running game. I'll shoot at all the ceyotes I can find, running no problem. I don't use the AR on big game but I do occasionally shoot at running big game with my bolt action. To my knowledge I have never wounded and lost a big game animal while hunting with a rifle.

I think most poeple that have a problem with assault type rifles fear their appearance. Its just a semi automatic rifle. Get over it.

Todd

Why do you need one of these guns. I have shot an AR15 and, yes they are fun to shoot. But, do you really need a semiautomatic weapon to kill anything. My experience with friends is that they don't take the time to place the shot. They just "let er rip". I'm not trying to start something and I do agree that I am not in favor of any laws being made againtst guns however, do you really need that kind of gun to hunt?

It's always an adventure!!!

Wow I'm going to rip the autograghed photo I have of Jimbo
into a thousand pieces! Burn all my to heck with...books
I have owend a few AR15s I love to shoot them.not much differant than a MInnie 14 or a 10/22...Since I've gotten off all my anti depressants and the make me feel like superman drugs no one has much to worry about.!!

SO I SAY "TO HECK WITH ZUMBO"as he would put it!.....:RIMROCK

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-07 AT 04:37PM (MST)[p]Zumbo is an idiot.
We don't need sniper rifles to hunt either. So maybe we should all remove our scopes or "sniper sights" from our bolt rifles and just make the standard for a "true sportsman" nothing more than the old flintlock rifle.
He was voicing his opinion, but in the way he did it he made an ass of himself by saying that semi autos have no right being used for sporting use.
Another point, more US soldiers have been killed in the last 2 months from Bolt action rifles than AK47's since Iran started supplying the Iraq insurgents with Steyr sniper rifles. Yes that is correct, bolt action! Zumbo, he is a dandy..

AWHOLELOTTABULL'

You asked... "do you really need a semiautomatic weapon to kill anything?"

No..One doesn't need a semi-auto. However one might also not need any repeater for hunting for that matter. Does this logic mean that we should all get rid of our bolt action,pump action,lever action ect.. firearms and only hunt with single shot rifles handguns and shotguns?

horsepoop.gif

Oh! Man,
I gotta way in on this one. 1st of all there is a huge difference between ?shooting? and ?hunting. About 10 years ago I bought a couple of MAC90?s. They are knock offs of the AK47. I also bought ammo, 7.62X39. At that time you could get the ammo for about 8 cents a round, so I bought a bunch.

These guns are soo stinking much fun to shoot, I've never regretted buying them. I consider them ?plinkers? just like my 1st .22. No way I would ever use them for hunting. I have some really nice rifles (M77 Ruger .7mm mag). A couple of Browning SLR?s, some nice shotguns, multiple hand guns, whatever.

Getting back to my original point. Shooting and hunting are totally different sports.

Being a terrorist means you want to hurt or frighten innocent people. The weapon you choose doesn't really matter. You?re the a-hole not the method you choose.

Probably doesn't make sense. Oh! Well. That's my opinion and I'm sticking by it.

RUS

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-07 AT 08:32PM (MST)[p]Wow, some people just dont get it. Any weapon in the hands of a person that wants to harm another is a "terrorist" weapon. The terrorists used planes on 9/11. Should we ban airplanes? They tried to use shampoo bottle bombs too. Should we ban all shampoo bottles? Alot of hunters use semi-automatic shotguns to hunt ducks and geese. Should we ban them too? If we ban the AR style rifles, then bolt actions and the rest of our guns wont be far behind. Then who will be complaining? All the gun owners that thought the AR was a terrorist weapon. That kid just shot up trolley square with a shotgun and pistol the other day. I Guess we should ban all shotguns and pistols to prevent an incident like that from every happening again. Like Larry the cable guy has said. Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for killing people, that is like blaming the spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat. People kill people, not guns. It just doesn't make sense. Zumbo is an idiot if he thinks differently. I hope he and the rest that agree with him are the minority. Which it looks like from reading the responses. That is great publicity for everyone that is anti-guns. Our 2nd ammendment does not give us the right to hunt. It gives us the right to bear arms. Hunting is not in the constitution anywhere.

Please people it is a .22 caliber semi auto firearm. Long live the black rifle. I even got a few of the fully automatic ones since Arkansas is a Title II friendly state. After you shoot a full auto rifle anything else is like kissing your sister. People are scared of the unknown and many of those people are scared of the black rifle since they never shot one.

cold dead hands

Exactly, what an idiot!!! A little too late for the apology in my opinion. Thanks but no thanks. We all know where you stand on guns now Zumbo....

Bud,
You nailed it! Rosie and the dangerous spoon. LMAO.

Serious subject. Don't blame the guns. Blame the the nut bags pulling the trigger.

Terrorists will use whatever to propogate their evil.

RUS

Wow, someone has a difference in opinions and they are concidered an idiot, nice. It has been proven here that there cannot be an intelligent discussion of the subject. Take an opinion from one person and take it to the extreme with beligerant and half-witted b.s.! Dont worry, Zumbo (who by the way is a pretty cool guy if you ever got to yack with him for a while) isnt going to take your precious little ak and sks pieces of crap from you or any other guns for that matter. He is just one guy with and opinion, why are you so afraid of him?

Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

LAST EDITED ON Feb-18-07 AT 09:05PM (MST)[p]Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't anti-hunt and anti-gun groups just people with an opinion too???

**Just Added**
My post before may have been a little harsh on Jim and I apologize for that. But I do not see eye to eye with him on this subject. I feel like he labeled certain gun owners something that we have worked hard to get away from. PBear- If your post was directed towards me, I am fully capable of having an intelligent conversation. However, I just dont feel like it was intelligent for Jim to label certain guns "terrorist" just because HE doesn't use them when HE hunts.

PB,
Not calling anyone names. I just don't understand the logic behind calling one weapon or another a terrorist weapon. That just doesn't make sense. These creeps use whatever they can get their hands on Planes, IED's, whatever. How can you catorgize any particular gun. My point is the AK47 is a fine gun if used for sport not terror. Ask your bud's from the Vietnam mess. The AK beat the crap outta their M16's. Not something to be proud of but true.

RUS

P.S. No! I didn't go to Vietnam, but would have if called.

I think it's the image that the guns set more than the guns themselves. think about it, many anti hunters see us as fat Bubba's driving around drinking beer and shooting at anything that moves. an image of Rambo geeks running around with assult rifles unloading clips at anything that moves is even worse in the times we live in . Zumbo was trying to say we need to give the non hunting public an image of responsible sportsmen not Rambo's what's wrong with that? it's just his opinion. if you don't think our image matters you're dead wrong. what about the non gun owner or person who's never hunted who may be on the fence about hunting, if we push them to the anti side we have one more enemy to fight.

Wow! Wonder if Zumbo will ever recover from that one. If the replys to his blog are any indicator, I seriously doubt it. You people that think the AR-15 has no place for hunting are flat out wrong. It is a fine varmit rifle. I like the folding stock carbines, probally since I carried an M-4 over in the sand box. Compared to the M-16 it was a joy to carry. Take a real hard look at Australia and Europe folks.
ismith

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

MortgageMan, No I wasnt singling you out at all. Or anyone else for that matter. I dont think that I even read your post. I just happened to post after yours. I just dont understand how one person saying that he dissaproves of guns that are (especially in these times) considered by the majority of the public, be it wrong or right, to be linked to terrorism. Look at the news. Every night what do you see? Rag heads sporting Ak's and similar weapons and using them to kill innocent people as well as our troops. Now what do you think the average person is going to think when they come across some yayhoo out in the woods shooting up the place with what (to them) looks like a gun that some raghead uses to kill our troops overseas? Think about it. He is saying that it is an immage that we as hunters do not need to be associated with. It just fuels the anti-gun folks with more ammo. Hell some of you have practically turned this into a personal attack and old Jim wants all semi-auto weapons banned. Step back and actually read what he said and think about it before crying "the sky is falling". I have shot AK's as well as many other "assault rifles". Hell, I've owned a few myself, (H&K 94 & 91 MP-5 and 2 FN FAL's). They are a ton of fun to shoot and I wished that I had my 91 and FN's back. I just dont think that they belong in the woods for hunting. If you have to have something to hunt with that shoots fast, get a B.A.R.. If you need to hunt with a high capacity magazine, you need to actually learn how to shoot.

Eric

deerline.gif

P-BEAR, HAVE YOU READ THE RESPONSES ON THE OUTDOOR LIFE PAGE TO JIMBOS STATEMENTS ??? ZUMBO IS GETTIN HIS BUTT KICKED TO THE 99.9 PERCENTILE....TONS OF PEOPLE ARE CALLING FOR HIS JOB. HE PUSHED A BUTTON THAT CHALLENGED RED BLOODED AMERICANS BY THE DROVES....HIT HOME FOR A REASON I BELIEVE. THIS WILL AFFECT HIS CAREER DESPITE HIS APOLOGY. YD.

Mr. zumbo is not a very smart man. Since he makes his living writing about hunting and the use of firearms, he should be very careful when voicing opinions that support the anti-hunting and anti-firearms movements. I'm considering writing a letter to the NRA to strongly recommend that they terminate his membership. I presume he's a member of the NRA as all of us should be.

This is f-ing stupid!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-07 AT 08:15AM (MST)[p]Just another reason that I am glad that I am NOT an NRA member!
At what point did he state that all "assault type weapons" should be banned or made illegal? No where! This hanging mentality is no better than what Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton do to people that make a simple statement. This is asinine!

Eric

deerline.gif

RE: This is f-ing stupid!

So much for freedom of speech, some of you guys are worse than Jesse Jackson if a racial remark is made. while I agree with Zumbo I think his days in the media may be over, just because he made a valid point and hurt some feelings. we'll see how the NRA wieghs in on this, if they jump on Zumbo like I expect they will I'll be glad I'm no longer a member and I'll make sure I never am again.

Zumbo is not an idiot, maybe misguided, I know people that are on both sides of the issue. I am a lifetime meber of the NRA and if you take their stance any loss of our firearm freedoms is the first step on a slippery slope. On the other hand you have the tradionalists that think the bolt action is the way it should be done. Personally I think that these tackdriver AR's are the new technology, I wonder if they had this debate when we started putting on scopes and doing action jobs and turning in our blackpowder rifles for centerfires. I would'nt mind having an AR-10 in 300 win mag, it's all personal choice. I just read an article that talked about hunting with a .50 BMG how many of us think that is a sporting firearm. Thats just my opinion.

Opinions are like noses and buttholes they all smell.

I always liked Jim. Enjoyed his TV show. This one little article
is hurting his reputation and it might cost him one or more of
his jobs. Outdoor life just might have to cut ties with him just
as the NBA cut ties with Tim Hardaway after his "I hate gays statement". He unknowingly fell into the anti gunners "Outlaw one gun at a time" mantra. I do feel sorry for him. He now
realizes " United we stand. Divided we fall!"

Eric and Dude. Cant you see that you are lining up with the
antigun people? The ones who want to take your guns "one at a time". Dude please show us the "valid point" that Zumbo made
in the original article. He realizes he made the mistake of
his career by lining up with the antigun crowd.

One thing that sticks from reading the article I forgot to put in my first blabbering post:
He'd probably got away with much of his criticisms if he had not called upon branches of government to further restrict/regulate the use of firearms. And that is exactly what he did.
That's not something one's going to shuck off with a follow up article.
That is what the 'gun control' crowd does, not a proponent of freedom.

Eric and Dude, I agree with both of you. It's just one mans opinion and I happen to agree with it. I will say it again gentlemen. If we don't police our sport someone else will do it for us....We do have an image to uphold!!! State your opinions and leave the personal crap out of it...

It depends on how you look at it, I see his remarks as pro hunting and pro gun, just not assault weapons. I see where you're coming from with the give them an inch and they'll take a mile thing but you're assuming we can beat them and keep beating them. there are more people who want assault weapons banned than there are who don't so in time they will be banned. I'm not sure where the fight goes from there but I think Zumbo is saying distance ourselves from the Rambo guns and don't get taken down with them. is that the right answer? I'm not sure but give the guy the right to voice his opinion without treating him like the enemy, he's not.

I agree that Mr. Zumbo is not the enemy. This is what I don't get: How can you shoot a prairie dog just to watch it die and then critisize the weapon of choice?

They are calling semi-automatic rifles with large cap magazines "assault rifles" and branding them as terrorist weapons and saying that we as hunters don't need this type of gun for hunting purposes. Well............. they are right, sort of. Take note that terrorists also have rocket propelled granades, car bombs, and may have biological weapons and nukes. We don't need these for hunting either. My point is we don't need an assault rifle for hunting purposes. But if you've got one, you should know how to use it effectively, and what better way than in a hunting situation? Someday we may need one for self preservation in the unlikely event of civil unrest (rioting), or some hostile take over or war type scenario in our neighborhoods. I know, I sound like some dooms-day nut job. But we all saw what can happen by watching Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. Desperate people will do unspeakable things in the name of self preservation. Police, in turn, are forced to do unspeakable things in the name of law and order. Don't ever rely on the government to take care of you. Take care of yourself. Sometimes, taking care of yourself means self protection. When they outlaw guns, only criminals and terrorists will have guns. Outlaw all practical means of self protection and preservation, then watch as we all become criminals.

That's what's wrong with this country, anyone who says anything about anything gets jumped on by the drama queens. I wish Zumbo the best and I'm writing Remington a letter telling them I'd buy a Savage and shoot Mexican Ammo before I'd buy anything from them again.

myj.....your not really gonna write a letter, are you? Why don't you untwist your panties instead. Gimme a break!

Dude you need a reality check! It would be fine for Sarah Brady
or Nancy Pelosi and the gun grabbing democrats to say what Zumbo
said. Zumbo is supposed to be one of us. He is supposed to support the 2nd amendment which says we have the right to keep and bear arms. It says nothing about what kind of arms. They wrote it to ensure that we the people would have the type of arms to fight an oppressive government if need be. Now poor
Jim has realized the error of his ways and has said he is sorry.
It won't work. He cant take it back. Because of that blog
he has ruined his professional hunting and writing career. He
can kiss his TV show goodbye. Do you remember George Taulman?
He made a big mistake by suing AZ for those tags. He lost his
tv show in the blink of an eye. Zumbo has lost Remington. Cabela's is preparing a statement. Outdoor life is going to have to fire him because people are cancelling subscriptions.
All the rest will follow.
It is sad but the sponsers say you are either with us or against us. They know where their money comes from.

I agree with dleonard3,
All firearms, to even include an old flintlock ML are dangerous in the wrong hands. I agree that Zumbo has a right to write whatever he wants, unfortionately he offended alot of people, and now he will have to pay the piper. I truely feel sorry for the man, hes had a long career doing a dream job, and im sure he regrets ending his career on such a sour note.
ismith

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ~ anonymous

I have a question for all of you AK lovers. You claim that it is our constitutional right to "bear arms" and defend everything American. Where are the majority of the AK's and other so called "assault weapons" made? OVER SEAS! So you use a gun made in foriegn countries, some by COMMUNIST countries as a symbol of American freedom and constitutional rights? I guess that being a patriot is only worth it when it is convenient. Otherwise you wouldnt be so much in love with a communist made and developed gun. By the way, it seems that most of you have forgotten that we had an assault weapons ban for several years. In that time how many other weapons bans were inacted into law? Zip! When that law went into effect all the barrel suckers were crying that we were doomed to lose all our guns and rights to bear them. Did that happen? Nope! Did the assault weapons ban do much to deter crime? Nope. Did it lead to a widespread flood of other laws restricting weapons? Nope. When it expired was there a huge wave of politicions that demanded that it be reinstated? Nope, just a couple and it got swept under the rug. If you think that Jim Zumbo has the power to take this country down with a few words, you truly are chicken little.
Eric

deerline.gif

My panties in a wad? I say let leave Zumbo alone you guys are the lynch mob. yes I will boycott Remington and I'm letting them know why. I'm sure it will destroy thewm but what else can you do, to be honest I don't buy much of their junk anyway. you're with us or you're against us? where have I heard that before and how did it turn out? count me as against you then because I think Zumbo is right. I probably own more guns than 90% of the people on here but if this makes me anti gun then so be it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-07 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]Eric
I personally dont have an assault weapon but I will defend the rights of the people that own them. An assault weapon is
just another type of gun that looks different. Would you give
up your guns one type at a kind? You are aligning yourself with
these people. Look carefully at the logo in the upper left hand corner.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=e54adf07-f3e3-41c4-b761-304a7318e1a4

They are already embracing Zumbo as one of their own. That is
why his sponsers are dropping him like a hot potato!

I neglected to mention the article is a little outdated. Jim
is no longer Remington's Top Gun Writer. They fired him.

Polar bear, you missed this one badly! After the original assault weapon ban by Bush senior in 1989, there were no more attempts a gun bans because the NRA and the citizens of the United States stood up and protested. If Bill Clinton had control of the HOR and Senate there would have been even more bills that we could not have stopped.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting! It is about the citizens of this country protecting themselves from tyranny. I have never owned and AK or an AR variant. My son does have a WWI Russian assualt rifle with a bayonet, it is a bolt action, 5 round, 6 foot long rifle.

Outdoorlife shut him down as well

Statement from Outdoor Life
Due to the controversy surrounding Jim Zumbo?s recent postings, Outdoor Life has decided to discontinue the ?Hunting With Zumbo? blog for the time being. Outdoor Life has always been, and will always be, a steadfast supporter of our Second Amendment rights, which do not make distinctions based on the looks of the firearms we choose to own, shoot and take hunting. Please direct any comments you have to [email protected].

I introduced my sons to him a couple years back at the Puyallup outdoor show where he was selling his books. He was totally into talking with my sons and sharing his hunting stories with us. He was funny and went out of his way to keep them interested. They came away thinking they were something having this famous hunter take the time to talk to them. He was gentleman and a good steward. My sons will remember that for a long time, and so will I.

I am sorry to see this happen.
I will still read his hunting stories and enjoy them.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-07 AT 02:27PM (MST)[p]stickerpt TO state that I am aligning myself with any anti gun group is completely asinine! To assume the Jim Zumbo is embracing any anti gun organization is purely asinine. This is the kind of irrational bull sh!t that gives the anti's the idea that gun owners are all a bunch of hillbilly idiots!! I guarantee that any company, publication or organization that drops, chastises or berates Zumbo for speaking his mind will no longer receive any business from me.
I cant wait to see what the barrel suckers that helped vote in all of these liberal democrats are going to do when they start making up more and more gun laws! Get ready, it's going to happen. If the dems had been in power then the assault weapons ban lapsed you can bet your a$$ that it would have been renewed. The only reason the NRA had any pull at the end of the assault weapons ban was because the republicans were in control. Just wait and see what happens if we get another democratic president in 08!

AND YES, I AM ON A DRUG INDUCED TYRATE!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!

Eric

deerline.gif

Eric
I know you are a hunter of the first magnitude. I read
all your posts and know what you stand for but you yourself
are saying the same thing that the people at the antigun
website are saying. Does that not make you aligning yourself
with them on this issue? You can't have it both ways. When you
say you are against a certain type of gun. You are playing into
their hands. That is why they are telling the world "See even
a prominant gun writer agrees with us". They are playing divide and conquer. I read everything Jim wrote that I could get my
hands on. He was one of my favorite tv personalities. Even
he recognizes the magnitude of the statements that he made.
They all will be used as proproganda. I guarantee you you
wont see his apology show up on their web site. They will use
his blunder over and over.

A little off the main subject, but Owning an assult weapon is the right to every US law abiding person. They do have a place, and they do have a job.
Hell if i was in LA during the riots, or in Katrinas aftermath in the swamped city of New Orleans there is no gun i would rather have than an AK or an AR with a high cap mag.
Why is it the right for us to own it?? I tell you why, because it is the best way to defend yourself in a lawless event, or in a hostile situation. If you guys went back 220 years and told the settlers and fine persons defending out rights they do not need the most modern firearms, and took them away we would be all paying taxes to a Queen, or to France.

Ok, if you want to still say that I am "aligning" myself with the anti's go ahead. I dont get it, I guess that I am another gun loving idiot that is turning to the dark side. Haahaaa... We are beating a dead horse now. As far as personal protection, I would prefer my old H&K-91 with the 26" heavy barrel over an AK anyday. But for self defence youve also gotta have a high capacity 12 gua. with tons of buckshot!!!!! BLAP BLAP!!

Bottom line is that we need to stop turning on our fellow hunters for some little slip up. That is exactly what the anti's want us to do so they can run with it. Plain and simple.
I'm done.

Eric

deerline.gif

Eric,
He wasnt just talking about AK's. He basicly grouped all military style semi-auto rifles into the "terrorist rifle" catagory. That includes your HK. The anti's are already using his original blog on their website.
ismith

I realize that. I was lightheartedly refering to schmalts and choice of personal protection in case of an emergency. By the way, when that assault weapons ban went into effect I got rid of my H&k 91, 94 and My FN's for almost tripple what I payed for them a couple years before. That ban worked out pretty damn good for me!!!! It was pretty cool getting right at four grand for a heavy barrel 91. Haahaaa....
Eric

deerline.gif

I think we all need to get over this. ?Assault weapon? Define assault, it, ain?t the weapon folks, it's the intent. Some freak dumped 5 innocent people in SLC with a shotgun not an ?assault? rifle. Christ, I'm really sick of this s*it.

Assault Rifle, has nothing to do with it. If you're determined to harm people, you will harm people!

I don't like the NRA and I don't like anyone telling me what kind of guns I should own!

If I want to go out in the desert and rip a clip in my MAK90, that's my business, not some guy writing for a magazine.

RUS

Boy, ya caint arguu wit lojick lyke dat!
Eric

deerline.gif

The Jim Zumbo OUTDOOR LIFE Website has been shut down!
Is somebody hiding?

Hes probally just going into early retirement.
ismith

If 10 million Bubba's with AK's were after you wouldn't you hide? I'll admit he should have known better but he doesn't deserve this. the guy's just a hunter with a pen in his hand and a camera behind him, he makes one unpopular comment and he's thrown to the wolves .like nobody here has ever said anything they regreted ofcourse, just plain ridiculous.

My thoughts Zumbo one of the country's greatest hunting editors in this critical time FUBAR'ED big time. He stumbled he caught himself and made the adjustments. Big deal so what. What is bad! Just look at this post! The antis jumping on it! And his sponsors dropping him. Holy Smokes not good!! This guy is pro gun, pro gun, pro gun. He is one of the greats! And we as hunters owe him the support. He has fought tooth and nail for everyone here. Rather you hunt or not with an AK, Ar, or whatever? This is one that turns hunter?s gun owners against each other. If you think about it Zumbo sided with everyone here. NRA, Remington, Outdoor Life, MM all need Zumbo on top. The devil we know is not as bad as the devil we don't know!! Hung Jury? Sad day!!

"If 10 million Bubba's with AK's were after you wouldn't you hide?"

Dude,
That really doesnt surprise me coming from you. However, I refuse argue with you.
ismith

Your sense of humor is as well honed as your other traits I see. I have plenty of people to argue with so forgive me if I'm not too upset.

I used to watch Jim and his shows, and you are right, he is one of the greats. But he screwed up and he knows it. Did the Brady campaign put his change of mind on their site? He became their poster child for the month with one push of the enter key. So calling those of us that are ticked at him drama queens, and calling the NRA and Remington stupid and on and on is ludacris to me. The NRA spends millions per year fighting words and thoughts like this. How can they not cut ties with him. Does he deserve this much hammering for this, I am not the one to decide. Maybe he was in a pinch, had a deadline to meet and just needed something to babble about on his blog, maybe he was drunk, maybe he really believes what he wrote(apology aside), I don't know. But he said it, the antis are using it to tread on gun rights, he has to pay the piper.

OK with Zumbo trashed and in exile your guns are safe for another 100 years. I don't pay much attention to any of the hunting hero's but I always thought Zumbo was a decent guy and I still do. some of you want to hang him for his opinion on one issue, even after he tried to make it right. I wouldn't ever turn on a freind like that I just wasn't raised that way, I'll leave that to flaky hunters and the flaky companies who are affraid of them. I doubt very much he'll be at the sportsman's show next month, while I've never talked to him before I'll make it a point to tell him I agree with him and support him if he is. I can see this debate is going no where so go ahead and trash the guy and those who support him, if I want this kind of drama I'll watch tabloid tv . carry on

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-07 AT 12:45PM (MST)[p]You are right Mortgage man. Thats part of what I was trying to get across. That the guy is not some douche bag or anti-gun monster, just a guy that f-ed up. It is true that he offended a ton of people but not on intentionally. Everyone f-s up at one time or another but this isnt worth destoying his life over. And the sad part is the folks that he has worked to support and entertain are the ones that are the first to grab the pitchforks and torches. His comments are going to do nothing to hurt us gun lovers. In a couple of months it will all settle down and be forgotten by almost everyone, except him and his family.

deerline.gif

Eric,
It sounds like he is a very nice guy from your post. It would have been very easy for anyone in his position to not talk to you at all. But he took the time to single you out and remember you by your name. I do respect the guy for that because most people in his position rarely are that personable. I just do not share his view on labeling certain guns "terrorist". I think he realized his mistake and did the best he could to rectify the problem. I don't believe that he is an anti-gun guy at all. I do believe he gave them some ammunition though with his blog though. Whether he meant to or not, he did. I have never met the guy, I have seen his shows but never met him. We as hunters/gun owners need to stick together. I do not like the image of some guy blasting his automatic weapon at everything that moves in the woods. But (as of last month) I happen to own an AR now and when I use it, it is nothing like the stereotype that has been labeled upon me and my gun by another hunter/gunowner. Like I said earlier, Zumbo seems like a nice down to earth guy according to your post. Unfortunately he offended alot of people with his comments.

Your right, it is Jerry Springer. One or two "enlightened" individuals taking a minority stance and arguing that they are right no matter how weak their argument is.
I think its funny that you and huntindude argued so hardcore for the guy even after he came out and recanted what he said, knowing he screwed up and tried to make things right. Maybe you guys should somehow get a hold of him and convince him that he was right in the first place and pick up that torch again and run with it. Now that would be a good read.

>Your right, it is Jerry Springer.
> One or two "enlightened"
>individuals taking a minority stance
>and arguing that they are
>right no matter how weak
>their argument is.
>I think its funny that you
>and huntindude argued so hardcore
>for the guy even after
>he came out and recanted
>what he said, knowing he
>screwed up and tried to
>make things right. Maybe
>you guys should somehow get
>a hold of him and
>convince him that he was
>right in the first place
>and pick up that torch
>again and run with it.
> Now that would be
>a good read.

Big Big LOL on that one Dra!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-07 AT 12:53PM (MST)[p]Huuhuuuhhh...... Duuuhhhh.... hhuuhhhh....
Eric

deerline.gif

I am an ak and ar owner as well as an m14, and not a bubba, and I would side with a bubba or redneck before sideing with a limp wristed yuppie e boy, generation ex'r duuude! Or dud! I also have a phd in physc. And you are suffering from small penal syndrome!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-07 AT 07:43PM (MST)[p]Now that was brilliant!! For somone who claims to have a phd, you sure have poor grammar! This is a perfect example of why city folks think that us hunters are goobers and hillbillies! Go ahead huck, give em more ammo!!

Eric

deerline.gif

This is priceless, so when are the "yo momma" cracks going to start? I guess 3rd grade was pretty tough, huh?

Eric

deerline.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom