Muzzleloader pistols/shotgun type

out4elk

Do any of you know where a guy could find a shotgun ML pistol? I keep thinking one of these (If they make them) would be awesome for shootin pine chickens while deer hunting.

ML shotguns have very limited range. I would then guess that hunting with a ML shogun pistol would have to be a very close shot.

My 2 cents... never shot an ML shotgun of any tyoe.

"Sometimes we're the dog -- sometimes we're the fire hydrant"

A shot gun is only a rifle without the rifling.
Just take a 50 Cal. pistol and machine the rifling out.
You have about a 28 gage shot gun.

OK Mr.masselkhunter

Maybe you didn't understand the original thread question. Read his question -- read my theory... now you're gonna tell me it's gonna work???? Well then... answer me this...

If I remove the rifling from my 8" barrel of my bp pistol to make it a smoothbore, how close do I need to get to a chicken with pellet shot/8" barrel combo??

Lets get serious here fella & think about your answer closely. Who in their right mind would hunt with a smoothbore 8" barrel on a ML pistol action???

"Sometimes we're the dog -- sometimes we're the fire hydrant"

I cant see blasting away in the woods while deer hunting in the first place. but if they were close enough a 22 pistol would do the job. but that was not the question. I dont even know what kind of bird he was talking about, but if they are like spruce grouse in Maine, you could take them with a rock.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom