My '07 Nv Muley

N

NV4Life

LAST EDITED ON Oct-13-07 AT 08:09PM (MST)[p]Here are some pics of my '07 buck. He wasn't the buck I was after (long story) but he is a good buck none the less. Also I put some pics of the european mount I did with at brown 87" deer antler my brother gave me. Its the perfect horn for the job because every tine touches the wall when its tines down. Hope you enjoy.

47117528408673a1.jpg

4711754740eb1662.jpg

4711755a41211352.jpg

4711757041694fe2.jpg

http://www.huntinhard.com

Hey man that is a stud buck, i am pretty jealous of that mount you might have to show me how you did that so i can do it with my buck. But anyway congrats man that is a great buck.

That is a sweet mount. Not too many antlers out there that will work out that way so that all the tines touch the wall!

Great lookin' buck. Congraulations. Very unique way of doing a european mount, I really like that.
Jim

LAST EDITED ON Oct-14-07 AT 12:20PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the comments guys. This is my best buck to date. This was the second best buck we saw the whole time we were out there. The best buck being the one I wanted to shoot that was runnin with this buck. It wasn't the easiest hunt beings how they put the cow elk and early rifle deer hunts on at the same time. Seemed that every where you looked there was at least one camp with at least 6 rhinos and 10 quads sittin in it. We only saw a few quad and truck tracks that rode past the newly made wilderness areas boundry markers. But after it snowed and scared some of the weekend warriors off the traffic/pressure got a lot better.

We ended up finding this buck and his runnin mates on monday night and I passed on this buck and couldn't get a shot on the big buck before it got to dark so we backed out to come back in the next morning. The next morning found my brother, my dad and I sitting on top of a ridge overlooking the large sage flat the bucks called home, just as it was getting light I spotted this buck with a smaller 4 point. It was still pretty dark but we though for sure it was the big buck so I started off the mtn on my stalk. I got down to 130 yards and set up my shooting sticks and waited for my shot. I took the first shot opportunity I had in the thick cover the buck was feeding in. After the shot I lost site of the buck but I could hear my dad who was sitting 400 yards behind screaming on the top of his lungs so I knew I had dumped him. It wasn't until I walked up to him did I realize it was the smaller buck I passed on the night before. The big buck never came out to feed that morning with his partners. When my brother got down to us he told me just before I shot that he realized it wasn't the right buck, but there was nothing he could do but wait and watch.

Its kinda funny how my brother and I put on a ton of miles on our feet in the first 4 days of the hunt. Getting as far away from the roads and people as possible. In the end I dropped this buck 30 yards from a fairly well traveled road. He was living only 400-500 yards off that same road but the road hunters, and believe me there were a lot going up and down this road, couldn't see the sage flat these bucks called home unless they got out of their truck.

The mount idea came to me when were back at my dads house and I holding that monster of a shed. I thought that the way it sat it would be the perfect base to mount somthing off of and it just clicked. I was planning on doing a european mount anyways just didn't know how I was going to put it on the wall. So as soon as I finished cleaning the skull out I set it on the shed and it seemed to be a perfect match.

http://www.huntinhard.com

what a dandy buck. any idea what he scores? looks to be mid 170s low 180s to me. I have an 11L tag that starts next week....sounds like you may have been hunting that same unit since you talked about the new wilderness areas. can you give me some advise on where to start my search looking for a buck of this caliber? I havent been in that unit in years and have only been up a few times scouting but not seeing anything decent.

bp

that is a real nice buck man, congrats. i love his height he look super. that mount is also a nice idea

Well done, Congrats

?Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it, wherever found, against the wrong.?
---Theodore Roosevelt,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom