My 2011 New Mexico Elk and Muley

npaden

Thought I would share my 2011 New Mexico Elk and Muley pictures.

I hunted Urraca WMA the last year that nonresidents will get to hunt any of the WMAs and posted in detail on it in my Hunt Adventure Challenge thread if anyone is interested in all the specifics.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID52/4.html

Hunted VERY hard and tagged on the last day of the hunt at Urraca. Over 50 miles on the boots and over 12,000' of elevation gain and when it was all said and done shot my bull down low less than a mile from camp the last morning.

nathan_elk1.jpg

nathan_elk2.jpg

Tagged out opening morning on my mule deer hunt. I'm just a sucker for the big old tall framed bucks even though they don't score nearly as good as they look.

Not the biggest buck I've ever shot but pretty respectable. One of the first sheds I've ever found out there in the Sandhills and crazy that it sure looks like a match for the buck I ended up shooting.

Here's some pictures from my phone.

fb1b011f.jpg

2bd40869.jpg

He was running with a buck that was shorter and narrower, but he had all his tines and would have probably scored better but I'm a sucker for the big tall frames. His G2's were both over 15".

Here's a couple more pictures.
2011_Mule_deer1.jpg

2011_Mule_Deer2.jpg

I should have moved him around and been facing directly into the camera so my face wasn't shadowed. The wind was blowing 30+ mph and blew the camera off my backpack a couple times and I was just ready to get him cut up and packed out.

I told myself I was going to hunt hard this week and hold out for a monster, but he looked pretty good and after hunting all last week both the family and I were ready for a shorter hunt this time.

Still very happy with him.

Mucho congrats--really like the looks of that buck. If I see one like that this weekend, lead is gonna fly...

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I got my camera back and pulled up a few more pictures that I thought turned out pretty well.

2011_NM_Muley.jpg

2011_NM_Muley2.jpg

2011_NM_Muley3.jpg

He'll look good on the wall as a european mount. He doesn't have any other scoreable points but does have a couple little trashy 3/4" points down on his burrs.

That is a really nice deer man,...I'm liking the way he looks. Congratulations on a good year. ou're a lucky guy I say.

>Great buck, and bull.
>
>The buck will look nice Euro.
>
>
>What caliber is the A-bolt ?
>
>
>i'm a gun nut
>
>Lar

Thanks, it's a good ole 7mm Rem Mag.

Probably should have gone with the .300 WSM, but she has done everything I've asked of her. I just went through the other day and added up the big game shot with it since I bought it in 2007 and it's killed 4 bull elk, 4 mule deer bucks, 4 whitetail bucks, over a dozen feral hogs and a half dozen coyotes so it's done it's job pretty well.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom