my archery buck

Just got back from a great week of Utah archery hunting with my dad. With the hot dry conditions I wasn't expecting very much action but ended up having one of the best weeks of hunting in my life. I was able to get a coyote that came into my cow calls on Friday. On Sunday I called a curious spike bull into 30 yards and made a great shot on him, it was so hot that I didn't take any field pictures of him due to hurrying to get meat cooled down. Tuesday afternoon a storm was moving in and it was windy but the animals were up and moving early in the evening. I was still hunting and spotted this buck feeding. I was only able to get a good look at his back forks which looked good. I stalked to 49 yards and ran out of cover. being a first year dedicated hunter I wanted a good look at him before making any decisions. I got an arrow ready and waited for him to lift his head. When he did there was no question in my mind (didn't even lift my binos) I made a good quartering away shot and he was hit hard. To my amazement he only went a few yards and stopped to look at the arrow stuck in the ground that had just went through him. I took the opportunity for and second shot and hit him good again. I watched him go down within 20 or so yards. I backed out and went and got my dad. We walked up on him together, no ground shrinkage here he was better than I thought. with a great typical four point left side and a completely unique right side I couldn't be more happy with My 2015 Utah buck

3850bigbuck.jpg

3473bigbuck1.jpg

My Dad and I
9046rayandkeith.jpg

That is such a cool buck. It has amazing wow factor. One of the coolest drop-tines I've ever seen. That's a buck of a lifetime because I doubt you'll ever see another one like him. Congrats.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-15 AT 05:29PM (MST)[p]Awesome buck. I got one a few years ago with a similar configuration, but not quite as cool as yours. Mine was normal the year before, so I wonder if both yours and mine had an injury.

That's a true buck of a lifetime, AT. Congratulations and thanks for posting him up!

BOHNTR )))---------->

Awesome buck! So unique. That's really cool. Good for you.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Great buck with one-of-a-kind character. Doubt you'll ever get anything like him again. I'm really glad your dad was there with you, too. Big congrats.

That is one awesome buck..!! A truly once-in-a-lifetime trophy

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. It was a helluva a week and I'm still pretty excited about it. I agree he's a trophy of a lifetime. Pictures really don't do him justice.
fly4fish, Nice Buck!This one has a broken pedicle and I haven't caped him yet but it feels like his skull cap is broken as well. You can't see it in the pictures but he has a small point on the back of his g2 on the right side and another small separate antler about an inch long behind the base.
here is another pic in better light
6310bigbuck1.jpg

Way cool! That is a "One of a kind" buck with some of the coolest character I have ever seen. You should be stoked! I would love to find a buck like that.
Congrats!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom