My man cave/trophy room suggestions welcome

huntnhard32

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-09 AT 11:19AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-09 AT 10:43?AM (MST)

Well I loved Chas's post, and since I actually took a ton of pics, I decided to start a new post. I built a room or two in my basement for trophy's. I put in 12 foot ceilings, I have put some of my heads up, and it is starting to take shape!! But no plants, and accessories, you know all the stuff that makes it unique, any suggestions?? I hope you guys enjoy!!

4b12a8574397e959.jpg

4b12a9724b03d68b.jpg

4b12aa03513e671b.jpg

4b12aaa152fa34d2.jpg

4b12ab2b56aa2c18.jpg

HERE ARE SOME INDIVIDUAL HEADS UP CLOSE!!

4b12abd858826119.jpg

This is my Coues deer, scored 130, I have a lot of good friends that hunt almost ONLY coues, way better coues deer hunters doing it for years they hate that I lucked into this buck my first time out. Better to be lucky than good!!!

4b12acbd5a91dba7.jpg

4b12ad195bc3e73e.jpg

4b12ada75f535682.jpg

4b12adf85fee6ceb.jpg

4b12ae5a6143a835.jpg

4b12af2062cf8bca.jpg

4b12af986497da7f.jpg

This Bull is upstairs we couldn't get him down becuase he is jut a smidge to wide to go down the stairs. I am trying to tlk my sweet wife into letting me keep him upstairs.

4b12b079694d87ad.jpg

4b12b1836b9881c8.jpg

I still have 2 1/2 empty walls in my basement, I guess I will have to go hunting some more!!!!

10 foot ceilings in the basement would be awesome to have. Looks great, love the mantle on the fire place.

Are the muleys in front of the fireplace just laying on the ground?

Love the coues mount and the elk pedestal, you've got some great trophies.

VERY NICE!!! you have done a wonderful job, and I'm not a guy,even with all the heads it doesn't look over done.

That Coues Deer is the thing dreams are made of. Definitely worthy of a full body mount.

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I have to admit that a couple of the mule deer are my business partners. His wife won't let him hang them up so they go down to the man cave!! Also the impala is his. I have about three bucks that are not down there, my best Mexico mule deer is at my office as well as the 33 inch buck I took with my son a couple of years ago. Both are pedestal mounts really georgeous, plus the buck I took this year isn't done yet!! I can't wait for this years 3a 3c bull to be done!! I have a TON of room down there for furniture and a pool table, but we are just starting to get things now. I have a vision for it, and it is cool to see it start to come together.

Tom C.

Very nice, hope I can be that successful over the years! Great mule deer and elk but that coues takes the cake! You aren't going to get a lot of comment's on an animal like that on a mule deer site but he is an amazing animal. Details, story? I always think that is more interesting. Mule deer Mexico? Guided, unguided etc.
Congratulations!

you have my kind of style! Love what you have done with your rooms.

You also have some incredible animals. I hope some day I can harvest 1/10th of what you have.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

Awesome looking room with some great trophies. You have great taste in the set up of your room.
I plan to someday write a story about each hunt and post a picture or two with each head.

Coming from you SW that is quite a compliment! I have been impressed with several of the animals you have taken and the manner in which you have taken them. Your dedication is evident, and I love your weapon of choice!!

>Very nice, hope I can be
>that successful over the years!
>Great mule deer and elk
>but that coues takes the
>cake! You aren't going to
>get a lot of comment's
>on an animal like that
>on a mule deer site
>but he is an amazing
>animal. Details, story? I always
>think that is more interesting.
>Mule deer Mexico? Guided, unguided
>etc.
>Congratulations!

Thanks ShadowBuck. He is really an amazing deer, the story doesn't do him justice. It was a guided hunt in Mexico. I hunted hard for 7 days, with 2 other buddies and passed on some deer because I was told that there were some monsters there. Didn't kill that first week came back a week later for a final 7 day hunt. On the fourth day (actually the 10th of the entire hunt) We were driving back to camp and a little coues doe crossed the road just in front of us. Since it was the rut we stopped and I bailed out of the truck. She was only about 70 yards away, when this monster materialized out of nowhere following her. She kind of started trotting off with that big white tail waving goodbye like they do, he was right on her tail. I decided not to wait till he stopped or came broad-side, and fired, the old Texas heart shot, as he was trotting straight away from me, only about 100 yards. He instantly fell at the shot, he then begin to try to regain his composure so I put one more in him before he got back up. It was really that lucky. I decided to take it and be proud, becuase I had hiked my ass off for several days. But the actual kill was just pure and simple "road hunting" LUCK!!

The guys I was hunting with and hunt with quite a bit, are COUES NUTS!! They couldn't believe it. The spanish speaking guide told us he had never seen a buck that big!! I feel very fortunate, and realize I don't deserve that thing.

Incredible; all i can say is some day, some day...Shoot, i'd love to just come over and hang out with all of those dandy's!

What did you use on the fireplace and the 1/2 walls? I was looking for something just like that!
Ed

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-09 AT 05:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-09 AT 05:56?PM (MST)

Good follow-up post and what an impressive display. I was debating on using knotty pine but am not completely sold on it yet. You have a nice looking home.

It is actually not pine...it is aspen. The pictures where it looks yellow are from the lighting, it is actually really white, I think you can see it best like the third or fourth picture of the mule deer with a lot of points pretty white!!

It is manafactured rock, I had some leftover from the outside of my home, and my guy said he could put it up down there no problem.

HH32,
Thanks for that fast reply. I meant the stone. (should have said that the first time). I have a wall outside i need to cover and wanted fake stone.
Ed

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-09 AT 09:11PM (MST)[p]my only suggestion, get the turkey off the stone, put the PARCO-POLO ram on there!

ONE OF THE BEST ROOM I"VE SEEN!!! very cool, thanks for sharing!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom