My Nevada area 222 bull

S

sandsavage

Well i finally drew a elk tag here in Nevada after 15 years of aplying. I have bought 2 Colorado tags and a Montana tag in the past but never got to tag one.
I was able to get this one on the second day of my season.(Nov. 7) I had passed on a couple nice bulls on the 1st day but I couldnt pass on this guy. We were seeing anywhere from 8 to 20 bulls a day before the season.( I scouted 11 days total).On the 1st day we saw 13 bulls!I am happy with him BUT i cant help wondering what would have happened if I had held out.
I'm not sure what he would score.He is 49" wide and broke his mainbeam off at the 5th on the left.thanks for looking.

IMG_02852.JPG

IMG_02745.JPG

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I shot him in his bed at 60 yards with my 7 mag. My friend videoed the stock and kill from a mile away through the spotting scope.

Congratulations, that's a beautiful bull and I like that little kink in his main beams.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Who cares what you might have taken if you'd held out, that is one beautiful bull and I'm sure you had an awesome hunt. He's plenty good enough. Who cares what he scores, either? He's a big, mature bull and that is plenty good enough.

Nice bull!!!! Isn't that a fantastic area??

I spent 11 days huntin the muzzy season this year. 5-25 bulls everyday, closer to 25 most. I passed so many my buddy was beginning to wonder if I'd ever take one.

Wish you could do it again?? I do!!

did you say "thanks for looking"?? no sir. THANKS FOR POSTING! very cool, i'd be proud as heck to shoot him! congrats

Thanks Brandon, it was nice meeting you and your brother too. Let me know if you guys want to see those horns of the buck you had videoed. They're still here at my house.

Paul, I apologize for not getting to meet you in person at the BB contest but I was pretty busy that day. Wow, you've had a great year and it might be hard to top this one. Congrats on getting such a nice bull after such a long wait, he is absoluteley awesome. That width makes him seem so much more majestic to me. Also, a good taxi can fix that broken antler if you so desire. But he's a great bull just the way he is. Congrats once again and I hope to meet you at next years contest. fatrooster aka Drew Edwards.

Thanks Drew, I hope we could meet in the future.
I am really happy with my year. Not only did I draw 2 tags and harvest respectable animals, but I also got to help my 12 y/o son get his first buck which topps them all for me.
I'm planning to have the left side fixed on this bull but none of the broken tips.

See ya, Paul

Very nice bull. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

WillPower

"My only regret in life is setting my goals too low"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom