My NM Archery Javelina

J

jamaro

Hey Guys...
A story will follow later in the month but here is my little piggy... If you have never hunted them before you need to try it..

7567jave_007.jpg

Jason

I love seeing you guys in AZ and NM get so excited hunting those little critters. I don't know how many of those little rascals I shot down in Texas, but it was all done from tower blinds and there was really nothing to it. I'll bet spot/stalk, especially with a bow, is a blast!!! In Texas they're considered more of a pest and corn vaccum machines than anything else.

congrads on the little piggy. i been looking around and the hunts are really cheap for a couple of days. the only turn off is the plane flight

Congrats on the pig!

Topgun, I too have hunted them in TX. I now live in AZ and hunting those little critters is a whole different story. Like you said, hunting them in TX is mostly done on corn fed roads from tower blinds. We found them in the mesquite flats with tall grass for easy bow hunting.
Here in AZ those little rats roam high and low.(from the dry river bottoms to the top of the rock piles). Sometimes it can make for a challenging stalk!
Anyway, fun to hunt wherever they are!

Congrats on the pig! They are a blast to spot/stalk with a bow and highly underrated...! Well done. I had a nice boar at 25 yds this past weekend, but before i could release the wind played games with me and clued them in. Maybe this weekend after ibex have ran me into the dirt!!

Cool field pic and congrats again.

We always just gave them to the Mexican ranch workers and I think they ground the meat up for tamales. How do you guys prepare the meat? The best one I ever shot down in south Texas was an older boar and I kept his tusks as my only javy trophy. Those four tusks are 1 1/2 inces long and are really sharp, even though it doesn't look like it in this photo.

7724javelina_002.jpg

Great job! I looked for some this weekend in the "state-wide" units. I never found any but had a good time. I'll probably put in for the better units next time.

Nice, How many can you get in a season.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks Guys...
These guys are perfect for primitive weapons and are great for youth... I wish we had a HAM season....

J

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom