MY WOLF HUNT

YukonDall

Long Time Member
HEY FELLAS........I AM PLANNING MY FIRST WOLF HUNT TO IDAHO. I WILL BE COMING UP THROUGH NEVADA & WANTING TO HUNT TO SOUTHERN HALF OF THE STATE. I AM THINKING IN THE LATE NOVEMBER TO FEBUARY TIME FRAME FOR WOLF ONLY. I WILL ONLY HAVE ABOUT 10 DAYS TO WALK & GLASS THE HILLS.

I UNDERSTAND IF I HUNTED THE AREA OF LOWMAN TO THE WYOMING BORDER THAT MIGHT BE A GOOD AREA TO TRY. IF I COULD PIN A FEW LOCATIONS DOWN BY CREEK, DRAINAGE, OR MOUNTAIN RANGE TO START I WOULD BE APPRECIATIVE OF THE DIRECTIONS.

THIS IS A SOLO HUNT, ALWAYS WANTED TO TAKE A WOLF OR TWO BUT WAS NOT LOOKING TO GO TO CANADA OR ALASKA TO DO IT.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME...................YD.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK,THEY LIKE GATED ROADS AND MAIN GAME TRAILS? AND BRING SOME FRIENDS THERE ARE PLENTY TO GO AROUND

"Lowman to the Wyoming border" is quite a large area. I would say darn close to 250 miles. But yah I would guess a large part of it your could find a few wolves.

Find the winter ranges. The snow will be deep that time of year and the elk in very tight areas.

Now specifically within the radius of Lowman you are going to find a lot of wintering elk and the wolves that follow them.

Good luck on the hunt and I hope you get one!

Studying this map is where I would start. Go where there are a lot of wolves. I think eastern Idaho is hard wolf hunting, not a lot killed over here.

1322011_wolf_map.jpg

ill be in the lowman area in mid- late nov. deer hunting ill help out all i can. its good glassing country there.

UGA.......THANKS FOR THE MAP & INFO. !!!

MEATDOWN BROWN.......IS THAT YOU.....WE USED TO CHAT A BIT. IF I GET THERE IN YOUR TIME FRAME I WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGATHER, IS IT WORTH ME GETTING A DEER TAG ????

THANKS AGAIN FELLAS.

I WILL BE GONE FOR THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS ON A BOW HUNT,TAKE ER EASY..............YD.

YD deer tags are controlled , that way you can concentrate on thinning wolves. in 08 i hunted the same hunt and saw 2 different wolves. have fun on your bow hunt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom