MyLetterToThe NE RAC!

B

B_BOP_A_LU_LU

Won't be making it to the NE RAC meeting so here's My Letter!
First off I'd like to say:
Anybody here in the Unitah Basin that can make it to Vernal tonight & voice their opinions on the Suffering/Declining Deer Herd of the NE Region/Statewide will be greatly appreciated!

To the RAC & Wildlife Board!

In the last 38 years I've seen the Utah Mule Deer Herd take some Ups & Downs but mostly a slow downhill trend of less Deer that just keeps slowly happening year after year.
I along with others don't think the Herd can take it much longer,it's time for some Severe changes to take place before we lose what we've got left which isn't much at the present time.

There are several reasons why the Utah Deer Herd is Suffering,at least a dozen reasons or even more.

The Problems & the Fixes are Serious,in my eyes it would take several years to bring the Herd back to where it should be even with proper Management starting Now!

The changes I've seen in my life have had very few Positive effects on the Statewide/5 Regions Utah Deer Herd.

Here's What I see to be the biggest problems & I'm not going to list all of them:

1:Continuous & Non-Stop & Overlapped Hunting Pressure from mid-August through January & February with the Cow Elk Slaughters.(Even though them January Hunts are for Cow Elk you are still pushing/pressuring other Game(Deer) around when they need a relaxed time in life)

2:ABSOLUTELY no Doe Hunts,you are Slaughtering Deer from all across the South Slope with them Current Creek/Red Creek Doe Hunts,can you see this?

3:The Coyotes are in Ridiculous numbers,We need to do whatever it takes to decimate about 95% of them,bring the 1080 back or whatever it's going to take,if we lose some Magpies & Crows in the process sobeit,there's an over abundance of them also,might even help the small game situation also.(I know I'll get jumped on that one,ya it would put Eagles & the ever World Famous Condor at risk)There's got to be a way to reduce the numbers of Coyotes wisely,turn us lose with your copters or something.

4:Roadkills,Has anybody got a Guesstimate on how many Big Game animals We are losing in Utah due to Roadkills each year?
The numbers would be staggering.
Yes I know it would take alot of Money,yes it would take alot of time to fence/underpasses but Utah's roadways are not getting any less Busy,Un-real how many animals are Slaughtered on Utah's Hi-ways.

5:I like to Hunt as much/More than anyone when it comes to Deer,but It's probably past time to do whatever it takes to bring Utah Deer numbers back,I don't like the thoughts of cutting permit numbers/not hunting every year but if that's what it's going to take let's get it done before we lose what we have left!(I'll get jumped on this one,but I like look into the Future of Utah's Deer Herd further than tomorrow morning like most Utahn's do)

6:Yes we are losing Habitat/Wintering grounds in several areas,but what about several areas where we haven't lost Habitat/Wintering Grounds,the Deer Herds are suffering in them areas as well,so even though it is a problem in certain areas that's not what's knocking our deer down for the most part.

7:Quit over hunting Areas/Regions until they have to be closed,UN-REAL,This shouldn't be too hard to figure out,DON'T HUNT UNITS OUT until they have to be closed,let's use some Proper management & Common Sense for once!

8:Even if we could bring some of the Bigger Bucks back in General Regions I don't see how you're gonna be able to place a Game Warden on each Buck to protect his life even after the hunts end?
One thing that would really help would make the consequences out weigh the Slap on the Hands the Poachers know they 'might' get if caught,this is a real slap in true Sportsmens face,make the fines/loss of hunting privileges so Severe that 95% of that BS would come to an end!

The list of Reasons just keep going,I only listed a few,I'm sure there are more than a dozen serious problems in this state.

I don't see any of the 3 Options going to make a big enough change to get Our already Suffering Utah Deer herd back on their feet like needs to be.

If I gotta vote on one out of the 3 Options place my vote on option # 2 & I do represent the NE Region,The problem I see with more Units in Utah is getting the people to learn/Obey the boundaries,they sure haven't learned how to obey/learn the boundaries on their ATV's for the most part,where is the extra Law enforcement that it will take going to come from?

I truly think there should be an Option # 4,an option that is severe enough to help the Deer herd of Utah,not just small changes that we know for a fact are not going to help!

It's time for Big Change UDWR & Wildlife Board.

Well I'm sure I'm in trouble enough for now!

If any of you Basin Boys/Gals can make it to the RAC or write a Letter it would be appreciated on changes We need for the Future of Our Suffering/Declining Deer Herd.

bobcatbess
Supporting the NE Region & the rest of the State of Utah

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

My wife and I are going to go, I will let you know what happens bess.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The South and Southeastern have went with option2, which is the best we can hope for of the 3 proposals. Please get out to the one tonight and let them know that is what you want to. Maybe the only chance we have to save the deer herd, by making them be more accountable.

What, no CAPS? No reference to Utards, pisscuters, or threats to tune anyone, or anything? I'm just razzin ya!
Traditional only >>>------->

Your letter makes me think that your a houndsmen as well, you blame coyotes, but nothing to blame, lion, bear, how come they are never part of the equation? Here is some facts as well, the bear are at record highs and nothing is being done about them. The lions nobody can tell if they are high or low, my bet is stable but could be reduced.

Like he said, he was only listing some of the issues. Who cares if he is a houndsman! He is standing up and saying let's save our deer herds. Micro units will enable us to ficus on what is hurting each unit! If it is a certain predator on that unit then that's what we focus on!

There are not enough deer in Utah...FOR REAL.

The problem is we all stand up and say lets save our deer herds, but nobody wants to admit the predators have a bigger impact than they are giving credit for. Coyotes, Lions, Bear all need to be reduced in big numbers to allow better fawn survival.

This is a reply to Post # 7 (cantseeathing!)

You're a real work of art!

I stated I wasn't posting all the reasons Utah's Deer herd was declining/in trouble,can you read?

A few questions cantkillaF'Nthing?

The Cougar/Lion Hunts have been on a Quota system now for several years here in the NE Region,Rarely have the Quota's been filled in several years,WTF?

It ain't cuzz every other Pick-Up doesn't have a Dog Box in the back of them,again,WTF?

Don't give me this:"The lions nobody can tell if they are high or low" FYI people Like HoundDawgy would probably twist your neck for a DipShitt Comment like that one!

Let's compare Roadkill Deer numbers to Deer proven to be killed by Bears,I said "Killed by Bears" not eaten by Bears!

You proved your intelligence real Quick!
Maybe you could get yourself a job for the DWR!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Lions in the NE region aren't easy to find (doesn't mean there aren't many). I bought a tag a couple years ago (over the counter) and a friend with dogs took me. We went half a dozen times and ALWAYS saw others out looking too. We finally found 2 sets of tracks and ended up killing one of them. It was on an elk kill it had made. The problem I saw was that the houndsmen who chase lions find many each year and almost never kill them. Their logic is that if they killed them, they wouldn't be able to chase them tomorrow.

Damn ktg!

Some scientiffic Mathematical equation there huh?

If we killed them all this year there wouldn't be JACK to hunt next year!

Sounds like the Doggers are a little smarter than the ones managing Deer!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom