Name this animal

E

elk4you

Can anyone name the creature in these photos?
PICT0002.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

My 5 year old son is in the last photo for reference.

Josh

How's about Bob, thats a good name;; does spelling count?
How about dik-dik.HMMM...:RIMROCK

dik-dik was my first thought as well. Seems like a pretty big one though...

-DallanC

looks like half a brockett deer to me.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

I know!
It's the monster Muley that the friend of Cass's uncle's dad took on Mt Monroe two years ago!
HH

Klipspringer?

i'm just guessing here, but it definately 'looks' like a 'kirk's dik dik', with mule deer spikes attached. a duiker has shorter black colored horns with 'age rings'. i may be way off, and i can't imagine anyone having such a nice peice of taxidermy, and attaching different horns....fess up, elk...and give us the true story.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-05 AT 11:57AM (MST)[p]Steenbuk???? Klipspringer??????? Yeah a klippy!

Josh, thats your first bull elk........LOL......... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-05 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/User_files/42c839237bb46eba.jpg

Here's my Diker.

Two of you were right...1/2 lifesize brocket deer.
He was a challenging mount considering the few brocket deer forms. Can you say ALTERATIONS. Cool little creature though, everybody wants to pet him.
Thanks for the guesses.
Josh

elk4....so tell us about it....exactly what is it, and why? it is a cool lookin' mount....

It looks alot like the "big" coues buck Burro Nuts is going to shoot this year ;-) Bwaaahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Bret M.

It is a red brocket deer. They are found in southern MX through much of South America. A good friend of mine shot it somewhere in the Yucatan. He didn't want a lifesize, but rather 1/2 LS to be different. He wanted the front hooves to be included so people would realize how small it is. I had to alter the form many times to get the anatomy right. The form WAS a lifesize WT deer fawn. I carved the back to create the pedestal. BTW My friend has not seen it yet. I am delivering it on Wednesday.

Could anybody imagine shedhunting for these bad boys??!! This one is full grown adult!

Thanks for the compliments,
Josh

The only reason I knew what is was, was because I've mounted several of them before. But both of the ones I did were L/S.

---Scottyboy---

At first glance I thought it looked like the claymation version of rudolph.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom