Nat'l Geo's "Wild Justice"

R

rumproast

Appears the pukes have got their own "reality show" starting up with the game warden as the hero/protector of all.
This is in Kalifornia, I believe.
Let us all just take a little trip to the Humane Society's Charter regarding Hunting as a reminder of where the enemy within really is now...

Rump

Rump, i know about the new show, supposed to start Sunday...but what's the rest of the story?

There are many, many hunters here in Kali no different than where you're at and i for one of them, strongly support our Fish and Game Wardens and the tuff job that they got to do!

Joey

I think he's referring to the way the initial ad for the show looked.
It shows a rafter full of antlers in someone's garage and then immediatley insuates how rampant the poaching problem is.
It then pans to a woman commenting about how "wrong this is" along with the closing statement "protecting the defenseless".
It looks to me to have the usual mainstream anti hunting overtones to it, where in many cases they don't differentiate between legal hunting and poaching.
HH

Ah yes, the "subliminal message"......

...."clearly, if we allowed no guns, there would be no hunting and consequently, no need for wardens to place themselves in harms way".....

"Stop the madness!"

Hey D13er now we get to see first hand how many stupid people live in cali that carry gun's! This should be good.

As far as I'm concerned, most of these so called networks are anti-hunting. No doubt in my mind that they will not give one bit of praise to honest, lawful hunters.

One of the Game Wardens who was followed and filmed is a close friend of mine. He's as avid a hunter as anyone who frequens this site. He had his concerns when this was originally presented and he was asked (told?) that a film crew would be following him. We've talked about it over the last year, since the filming was done at this time last year, and he's hopeful that they'll portray things in a positive light about legitimate hunters, vs. poachers and other wildlife criminals. I do know that if my buddy would have thought this was going to be a hatchet job on hunters, he would have had nothing to do with it. He hunts himself, more than many of us do, and is not in a hurry to do anything that would harm opporunity for all of us.

On the other hand, you literally would not believe some of the stuff that goes on. I've been friends with him for about 20 years, and I'm still amazed at some of the crap he comes across and the people he gets convictions on. We have problems here in California on a number of fronts related to wildlife and DFG. Some of those problems include not enough wardens, wardens who don't know very much about hunting or fishing and are not good at wildlife law enforcement, but also people who are absolute POS's when it comes to wildlife.

I may be duck hunting with my buddy this weekend, so it'll be interesting to see what he has to say in anticipation of the show. If we go, I'll post something about his thoughts.

I am confident it will be a hatchet job.....hunters will not look good.

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

FYI, the first couple episodes will focus on marijuana grower busts and a bear gall bladder poacher. I'm sure there is more to it than that, but that's what the tagline on the show is talking about.

I expect we'll get to see some of the stuff on Mr. C.H. also, somewhere in the series.

I don't really know yet, granted, but as long as the observation of the erudite and intelligent are focused on something that may, I say may, prove harmful to The Hunt, I am thankful and equally attentive.
Thing stinks to High Heaven, my personal gut feeling.

Rump

Good job Rump... had to look up "erudite" really thought it was something you might stick up your rump. lmao

Slick

I think I found some erudite once....it had gold flakes in it. It was pretty....

Steve
"Get that corn out of my face"

>I think I found some erudite
>once....it had gold flakes in
>it. It was pretty....
>
>Steve
>"Get that corn out of my
>face"

The gold flakes in erudite is iron pyrite (fools gold)

Eel

I actually liked it, I like the blond haired dude that makes the funny comments and rolls his eyes at the camera. Just wish they did the show anywhere but Cali.

Dubtee Mybe he might like you to ya know he is from cali if you know what i meen. They should just be called pot police! They had more of that going on than animals. What was there 1 bear in an hour of t.v. time probley a week of filming great job cali f&g!
hell they get all huffy and puffy about it's piss sack i kill one whoever want's it can have it.

D13er should be head of staff of that place he would whoop em into shape!

Sad part is they are stuck dealing with all the grows and not able to enforce game laws and all with license money only and not taxpayer funds so the money that hunters are paying to have help our fish and wildlife is going to fighting a losing battle.

Agreed on that warden Boyd he is kinda creepy, the trainee he had with him is now in my area and lives right up the road from me. We have talked and he seems like a great guy so that is good.

Bill

>Sad part is they are stuck
>dealing with all the grows
>and not able to enforce
>game laws and all with
>license money only and not
>taxpayer funds so the money
>that hunters are paying to
>have help our fish and
>wildlife is going to fighting
>a losing battle.
>
>
>Bill

Bill, you and other Californians may be pleased to know that our legislature just passed, and our governor just signed into law a bill sponsored by COHA, that madates all funds derived from hunting and fishing fees be used specifically and only for management of those species. The importance of that is that now, Fish and Game cannot use tag money for things like environmentsl law enforcement, or pot raids. They now have to use all hunting and fishing money toward activities that benefit or regulate hunting and fishing. That's a significant step in the right direction.

As to the comments about all the pot work they did, I understand the frustration with not seeing more wildlife related footage. However, my warden buddy has told me many times that pot growers are one of the biggest groups of wildlife criminals in California. They kill many deer, bears and pigs as they consider them pests to their crop. Also, they tend to be significant polluters in ways that can be detrimental to wildlife. So, when they're doing pot work, they are in a sense also doing wildlife work.

>One of the Game Wardens who
>was followed and filmed is
>a close friend of mine.
> He's as avid a
>hunter as anyone who frequens
>this site. He had
>his concerns when this was
>originally presented and he was
>asked (told?) that a film
>crew would be following him.
> We've talked about it
>over the last year, since
>the filming was done at
>this time last year, and
>he's hopeful that they'll portray
>things in a positive light
>about legitimate hunters, vs. poachers
>and other wildlife criminals.
>I do know that if
>my buddy would have thought
>this was going to be
>a hatchet job on hunters,
>he would have had nothing
>to do with it.
>He hunts himself, more than
>many of us do, and
>is not in a hurry
>to do anything that would
>harm opporunity for all of
>us.
>
>On the other hand, you literally
>would not believe some of
>the stuff that goes on.
> I've been friends with
>him for about 20 years,
>and I'm still amazed at
>some of the crap he
>comes across and the people
>he gets convictions on.
>We have problems here in
>California on a number of
>fronts related to wildlife and
>DFG. Some of those
>problems include not enough wardens,
>wardens who don't know very
>much about hunting or fishing
>and are not good at
>wildlife law enforcement, but also
>people who are absolute POS's
>when it comes to wildlife.
>
>
>I may be duck hunting with
>my buddy this weekend, so
>it'll be interesting to see
>what he has to say
>in anticipation of the show.
> If we go, I'll
>post something about his thoughts.
>

I was excited about the show, but I have to admit, it portrayed hunters in a bad light only because they are showing the dark side or idiots of our sport. I would like you to get a message to him: Have him frequently say that these poachers do not represent the good hunting community. Maybe if he says it enough, they will put a blurb on the show once in a while... I sure wish Oregon and other states had the $ to do what it appears CA is doing. Still never enough.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-10 AT 04:40PM (MST)[p]My favorite part was when he gave that Mexican a ticket for littering.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura
chancho sucio.

I thought the show was OK. I totally agree with what the officer from SF said that if they did not exist the wildlife would be wiped out. Did you see all the strange chit that is bought & sold in Chinatown. Buck peckers and bear gull bladders, what won't those people eat. Honestly, whats a buck pecker and a bear gull bladder going to do for you, really?

It is a damn shame that F & G has to waste their resources on pot farms. That should be County Sheriff and ATF not F & G. Officer Boyd is a little crazy but I guess you have to be to be chancing bad guys by yourself in the woods.

JR

Buck peckers.... hhhhaaaa... thats funny. Is that a male redheaded wood pecker you are refering to sir???

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

Thanks CAelknuts that is good news and about time too! Can't believe this state got something right.

I know the impact the crops and growers have on wildlife but I guess that is one reason why I think legalization would stop the fighting of a losing battle that costs taxpayers way too much money across the board and makes zero progress.

Bill

The best guy was the nut job chasing bear hunters. Cutting up the bear and putting it all over himself.
He seemed like he really didnt like hunters at all. Thats the kind of guy we want for a game warden.

respect my authorita

The first two episodes of this show all jokes aside are giving the public an accurate account of the everyday encounters of Fish and Game Officers of any State.

We all picture F&G running around only dealing with "are own mental immage" of patrolling and enforcing F&G Laws. They start out their day trying to do the job of protecting the fish and wildlife of their State. As State Peace Officers when they run accross someone or something else that is serious they are bound by their oath to appold the law. Thats means you run accross a pot grow, find drugs in someones possession, run them for warrants and you find something.. You must arrest them and take them in... Just like any other peace officer no matter what State you live in. It ruins an Officers day when they get side tracked with those types of violations because they know it has taken them away from their primary enforcement obligations to protect the Fish and Wildlife of their State. Yes, as stated in a prior post there are impacts from the drug/pot problems that effect fish, wildlife and habitat...All are F&G concerns..The guy with the Litter? As you see the Warden's could not find evidence of a F&G violation but the Warden $%^& with the guy and got him on record/busted which puts him/ his personal information in the system..documentation and wait for another day because that guy appeared to be the person in charge/the brains of the group.

This site seems to have a lot of great qualities. But sometimes before posts one should consider the message that is being sent. One should ask themselves "would they personally have what it takes to try and do their job" A dangerous job, under gunned, under staffed, where some of the public hates them and others make fun. They put their life on the line to do what they believe in and because it is their job.

My hat is off to these Wardens and CALi for trying to put out a message and having the guts to put on this show in a State that has so many non-hunters, anti-hunter and enviromentalists. Sure there are always a few that will try and put a negetive spin on anything because they have their own agenda. Hopefully most are more open minded and will let this show play out the series and see what the whole message is before they pass judgement.

I realize I will most likely get a rash'n of *&&^% for my post but as they say.."Sticks & Stones" "Until you walked a mile in those F&G shoes" you really shouldn't pass judgement or add fuel to the fire for anti-hunting/enviromental groups..no matter the State.

))).....>

Here is the caveat I see with the show. They are not going to show the 90% plus of sportsmen that are upright and strive to obey the law, it just isn't good entertainment. What they are going to focus on, is the small minority of cheaters, poachers, and lawbreakers that make for an interesting show.

While anyone in the sport realizes that the bad apples only make up a small percentage of sportsmen, the casual viewer may not. To many of the viewing public, there is no distinction between hunters and poachers.....they are one in the same in their mind.

I can't forsee any good coming from this show from a sportsman's perspective, only a reinforced stereotype of hunter = poacher among the general public.

i dont think the show is any different than 'cops'. i think the show in entertaining. the people that are too stupid to make up their own mind about good vs bad hunters arent going to hurt the sport of hunting. they wouldnt know what to do with the false information anyway.

I have heard about the gall bladders value on the black market before too (which is not a piss sack BTW) What is the value for these things? healing, longer erections, what??

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom