NE Whitehorse Weather

NorthSide

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the weather / snow pack looks like around Jordan Valley, ecspecially up high? A friend of mine has the buck muzzy tag the week of Thanksgiving and weather always helps push them out of the mountains, ecspecially from Idaho.

Thanks NS

haven't heard, but good luck and let us know how it goes. i went with a buddy who drew that tag 2 yrs ago. it was awsome! seen a ton of bucks in the first 2 days, he killed a 26" 170" 4x4.

i have enough points to draw this tag, but i hear nothing but negative about last year so i just built another point this year. wish i would have applied to draw it. i dont think it can possibly be as bad as some say, when i was just there 2 yrs ago. but maybe?? interested to hear how yours goes. good luck

I'll let you know. We had a great bull elk hunt in the Northside Unit this year. Have your sister forward you a few of the pictures.

NS

KillerBee

It just dawned on me this morning. What area did you concentrate on? Did you camp? We plan to and haven't decided where to camp yet? Did you have weather? Did you see many hunters? We have a few areas picked out, but any info would help.

Thanks NS

check your p.m's we had awsome weather, if you like hunting in a t-shirt :) i would love to see it on a good weather year, but from we seen you dont HAVE to have weather, but i bet it is still a night and day difference. problem is from what i've read on here, and a couple guys i know who have drawn it. sounds like last year was very tough. but hard to say i'm a believer in - you can always out hike a bad hunt!

oh and i forgot, on the camping, we literally picked a place right off the road- out in the wide open, not a tree/bush in site. but it worked { no place to hang a deer though}

Thanks for the info. We will try it all if time permits. Did you see many hunters? I asked your sister how your dad's hunt went and she didn't know. How did it go? Oh yeah, I will make sure we let you know how it goes so you can factor our experience in to your next year hunt.

NS

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-09 AT 06:24PM (MST)[p]we didn't see any hunters out in the field, passed a few on the roads. we could have been lucky, we only hunted the 2 days till he killed this buck
4afa10f340d14fb3.jpg

{ i didn't ask to post his pic, but hell - he wont mind:)}
but we did see a couple other decent bucks, i know a guy who killed a 190+ buck that same year on the hunt. you can do good, lots of area you cant see from the truck window. i hope you guys do good so i can apply for it next year, how many points did you have?

as far as my dads hunt- frustrating!

day 1 - nothing much
day 2 - he shot at a 270+ 5x5 , 50 yrds, in the timber{ i just told him to turn the scope down, he turned it UP to 9, his eyes aren't what they used to be........} any way miss

day 3 - 300- 310 6x6 at 200 yrds.......... miss
day 4 - 4x4 at 25-30 yrds, very long, but kinda funny story but miss.

day 5- 300+ 6x6 80 yrds, cant find the saftey with his gloves on, whatch that bull for a full minute, than he starts to go, couple shots through the lodge pole, miss.....

seen tons of elk, lots of bulls, couple dandy bulls, couldn't get one on the ground. but we did have a ton of fun anyway.

My friend had nine points. Nice buck and good news on the people front. We will hunt and cover some ground. You'll be the first to know our thoughts. Sounds like a fun hunt you and your father went on. I'll be talking to you soon.

NS

Back
Top Bottom