need a new softshell.....

Hardway

Very Active Member
I'm looking for a new softshell jacket. Heres the requirments....Has to have a decent DWR finish, wind resistant, has to have an attached hood, needs to be quiet, would prefer pit zips, and the kicker....below a 100 bucks. It does'nt need to be cammo, but would prefer an earthy tone.

The expected conditions and uses are Ca highcountry in the fall. Lows down to 30ish degrees. I plan on carrying an ultalight rainshell when showers are predicted but would like this softshell to be able to stand up to an unexpected afternoon drizzle. I'll also be using a light merino wool base layer, and possibly an insulation layer if needed.....Thanks

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Hmmmm, the attached hood requirement might make it a bit hard to find, since the softshells I'm familiar with dont have those...I'll look around though.

I'm sure Wade would have a recommendation for you...

"...I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six..."

You are asking a lot for a quality shell under $100. I don't think one can be made with all of those features for under $100.

Bean

You might look at Backcountryoutlet.com
You won't find camo, but there seem to be some gray colors that might work. Not too many hooded versions, either, but you might find one to suit your needs.
Bob

Price is the stumper there. That has to be a sale item or something used. I would go for one on sale.

Check out Mountain Gear here and click price to arrange in descending order.
http://www.mountaingear.com/pages/p..._rollup&Ns=p_popular|0||p_name|0&Ntk=s_search

or go to their website and...

click mens clothing
then click on jackets
then click on soft shell
then click on price to arrange in descending order

Look through those pages for something you like, color and availability.

Good luck.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

You described the Sitka Celcius jacket to a TEE, until you got to price. You are asking a whole lot for $100.

You guys are right, I was looking for something to get me through the rest of the fall, but I've decided to just take the plunge.....tired of efin around. This winter.....Even if I have to dump a rifle I'm gonna invest in a whole system. Probably Sitka. Thanks for the help.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom