Need a new Target?

Jim for broadheads I have had realy good luck with the cube target. For field points any good quality bag target should work.

I'm in the same boat here, I need a new target to. I am trying to figure out how to make one. I figure if I could just come up with some type material to make a layered target similar to a block it would be a bigger, better target and lots cheaper.

If I come up with anything good I'll post it.

We tried some of that industrial packing foam that you spray in. We had a target that was about 3 feet deep but it still wouldn't hold the arrows. I think making your own is a great idea if you can compress the material enough to hold the arrows.

I have heard good things about "The Cube" as well logslinger.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

By the way logslinger,, you hunting whiteys in Kansas this year? I am toying with the idea but I have a senior this year heading off to college and I'm sure it's going to put a dent in my hunting.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Jim I will be there if the good Lord is willing I wouldn't miss it for the world. After seeing so many turkeys last fall I think I will have to find a way to help them out by killing a couple with my bow this spring also. My wife hates that I spend any money in KS at all since she is such an ardent MU Tiger fan. I think I will just lie and say I am going to NE to have peace at home.

I saw a post on bowsite a few days ago where a guy took some of the 2x2 carpet tiles you can get at Lowes or Home Depot and stacked them and made a stack about 2' tall then sandwiched them together with 2x4's and threaded rod to make a layered target like a block only carpet layers instead of foam layers. I may give that a try.

Whoa! I just went to Lowes website to look at carpet tiles and they are way to expensive to buy new ones for a target. If anybody could get their hands on some old ones it would still be a good idea.

A man could go and buy some of the cheapest carpet you could buy at Lowes and then cut the pieces out and make you own tiles. If you couldn't find any old tiles or carpet to use.

There's been a bunch of targets, that I think look pretty good, being sold on KSL lately...

If I woulda been quick on my feet the other day maybe I coulda traded you my Mckensie 3D male african lion target for that spotter?? lol prolly not...

~Z~

here's an easy way to build a cheap target that I have liked better than any layered foam target I've owned and I have owned a ton......take a 2 by 12, cut into 4 equal parts. Mine is 2.5 by 2.5 ft. Tack em together with some wood screws to form a square....now front and back it with plastic chicken wire which you can buy at Home depot for like 12 bucks. Then face that with old carpet scapes. Then cut ya a hole in the top of one of the 2 by 12's so you can stuff it. I stuffed mine with empty wal-mart sacs...shrink wrap.....grain sacks....and shredded old clothes.....pack it in there tight....use a tapping bar to get it compacted in there......then shoot away....easiest arrow removal of any target i've ever used and never had a pass through after thousands of arrows at close distances......cost me like 18 dollars to build.....and took me an hour and a half to put together...I'll never buy another target

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom