Nevada 044,182 DESERT SHEEP TAG

• Thread starter starbaileyranch
  • Start date
S

starbaileyranch

I am still in disbelief that it is true! I go to the Nevada f&g web site just to make sure my name is still there under the successful column every day!
It seems like I just started this sheep hunting thing(it was just a thing on that first hunt now it's a passion) but after drawing my first tag in 1997 I finally have an opportunity in completing the Grand Slam. Believe me I feel very fortunate in all the luck and support I've had in the past years just to get to this point.
I will be doing this hunt on my own with help from family and friends and have a few leads on the unit so far, but if you have some info you wouldnt mind sharing that would be great.
I'll be sure to keep this post updated as the hunt and scouting trips come about.
Bryan

Thanks again NVBighorn.
Oh, by the way I take it from your screen name you yourself have hunted sheep In NV. Any info and or pics of your ram/rams?
Bryan

I've hunted sheep a time or two in Nevada. Never that area though. My pics of my rams are so long ago that they are on paper photos. Or maybe its that silver foil stuff from the old west days. The ones where they hold up the flash bar and the powder ignites. ;-)

It's my first day back to work so I dont have much time but I wanted to say I have harvesterd my Grand Slam ram. I took him on Saturday, the 8th day of hunting, with the help of my good friend and hunting partner Andy. I am very happy with the ram I took and would have killed him on the first day just as I did on the 8th. I'll try to get some pics up in a day or two.
Thanks for all that gave me some helpful info.

Bryan

Congrats Bryan,

We can't wait to celebrate your success! Hurry and get the pixs poster when you can.

Taking all 4 wild mountain sheep of North America is a real treat. I was lucky, 23 years after my first sheep hunt, my dream was realized as well.

Zeke #1121. My brother is #1165

Congats on your success. Unit 182 is sort of sleeper, not much is said about it but there are some real good rams there especially in the other 180 series units open to only residents.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

Congrats on your ram! Finishing a Grand Slam is something indescribable! Looking forward to the pics. Once again, a big CONGRATS!!

OK I havent been able to get the pics from my camera but here is a couple from my phone. enjoy.
Bryan

3309desertsheep1.jpg

2455desertsheepback.jpg

I think I might have it now!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice ....Very Nice Congtrats on your Slam...

"Eating tag soup is better than getting your hands bloody for some 175" dink that you rookies like to post so often."

Horn_Star

BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations on a fabulous trophy.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Dec-08-11 AT 04:52PM (MST)[p]Hey rockStar!
Awesome ram to finish your quest! Those desert sheep are a tough breed, much like most men who pursue them. Congratulations. Your smile says everything we need to know.
There are only a few followers on this site who can brag of taking a slam.
I am still dreaming of that some day, but time is ticking fast for me.

Bryan,

Sorry for being so late in commenting on this hunt. Like one dude said, your smile says it all ! Congrats on completing the last piece on your quest for the Holy Grail !!!!!

Oh what a feeling !

Bryan

Question, did NDOW say if that ram had sinusitus? We see that sometimes here in NW AZ where the horns get all busted up in the second and third quarters in the back.

Awesome ram for sure!

A keeper anytime, any place.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom