Nevada Sword Bull

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
I was fortunate once again to tag along on a late elk hunt in our home state of Nevada. My buddy Travis was the lucky tag holder this time. Travis made a few trips to look around over the summer more for fun than anything as our group knows the unit very well.

Opening morning found myself and another friend Trey glassing from a high vantage point while Travis and his brother Jason would stay lower making it quicker for them to get into position should we spot a bull to go after. Within 30 mins we had 8 bulls spotted but mostly small 6's and raghorns. Jason called me over the radio and said they had a solid bull located in their direction.I put the spotter on him and even at 2+ miles I could see he was a GOOD bull . It took them about 30 mins to get into position as the bull fed in the trees with a smaller bull. Travis made true with his shots and put his first bull on the ground.

We measured Travis's bull at 356 inches with 21 and 22 inch swords. The last picture I included of myself with the bull to show just how long those swords really are.

27002012-11-21_10-56-59_376.jpg

38132012-11-21_10-57-17_566.jpg

7661dsc00278.jpg

2615dsc00273.jpg

8489dsc00290.jpg

91162012-11-22_08-27-01_934.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom