Nevada Unit 111-115, 221, 222 Muzzleloader Elk

WUV2HNT

My 16 year old son drew a Muzzle Elk tag on Unit 111-115, 221, 222 in Nevada. Can anyone help me with some good information on these Units? Where should we start looking? What can we expect in these Units.

Thank - BJ

great area to hunt.contact shane or john stevers at purplesage outfitting in pioche nv.

When is your season? How far away do you live? How much time will you have to scout? How much time will you have to hunt? Do you plan to camp or hotel it?

I can give you some pointers with this information. I drew an antelope and deer tag for 111-114, 111-113 respectively. I will keep my eyes peeled for you.....

What deer hunt did you draw? Archery, Muzzle, or Rifle. My boy's Muzzle Elk starts October 28 and goes to November 10. We live in St. George, Utah. It takes me about 2.25 hours to get to Gyser Ranch at the base of Mt. Grafton. His hunt includes unit 22 as well as 11. I have not spent any time on unit 11 yet. We are planning to hunt the entire hunt if we need to. I will be bringing a camp trailer, 4-wheelers, and a jeep.

Any information you can pass along to me would be greatly appreciated. You can email me directly at [email protected].

I just got back from a week of bow muley and antelope hunting... saw a ton of elk while up higher hunting my muley...

Touch base with me if ya need any intel.... of where I was...

Could you please email me at [email protected] on some more specific info on where you were and how big the bulls were. With some names of the areas, I will be able to find them on my maps. Do you know if they will still be there in late October? Maybe provide my with a phone number and the best time to call you.

Thanks
Brett

I too have this same unit---early rifle tag that opens Nov 11. I have hunted the unit some for deer but any information on where the elk hang out would be greatly appriciated. This is one big unit with alot of tags. I want to be away from crowds but need to go where the elk are......any suggestions on where to start???

i live in vegas

I scouted 111-114 over the weekend for antelope. I saw several reasonable antelope and I saw five good bull elk. The bulls were a long ways away but several appeared to be 350+ class animals judging from the width and length I could see in the spotting scope. I tried to get a closer look but the sun was already coming up and they were heading in the junipers and I didn't get there in time. They were on the west side of 893 about 5-6 miles north of where the pavement ends.

Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom