New backpacking pack.

ELKOHUNTER

Very Active Member
I will be in need of a 4500+ inch pack this next season. I was useing the Badlands 4500 but I had to many things brake. I can't trust them to get me and my gear out when I'm 8+ miles back anymore. So help me out. All packs welcome!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

I would recommend any pack that Mystery Ranch makes. They are great pieces of gear. I personally use the 6000 ci Grizzly pack. I actually just done using it on a Dall Sheep/ Caribou hunt up in NWT and hiked around 60 miles with it packed from 40 to 80 pounds. The material is real strong and but is not too heavy and the pack is also very comfortable. However the packs aren't cheap, but I think that its a good investment as these packs will last a long time.

Kifaru Long Hunter Standard gets my vote. If camo is no big deal, look at the REI XT85! It is neutral green and extremely comftorble.

I like the looks of the Mystery Ranch packs. But I have not been able to try one on. Horn hunter is out. don't like the way they ride. I like the looks of the REI pack. I have been thinking of going to a pack like that. How about the Blacks Creek pack? Anyone try it??

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

You should really check out the Outdoorsman pack system. It's hard to beat it. I have had mine for 2 years now with absolutly no problems.

Gun control is a good aim and a steady rest

Eberlestock J107 has fulfilled everyone of my demands for the last 2 years without a problem. I think they should be on your short list when you go to buy.
BB

Im w/ Bruin, I have had the J107 for 4 years now and love it. I have had a full quartered out deer in it and it was great. I really like not carrying my gun when I am hiking in to hunt. Also the features and add ons you can buy are great. I think that they have made some upgrades to this pack or a new line of eberlestock packs but I would definately look into eberlestock and find something that suits your needs. I know cabelas carries them if you wanna try some on. They have worked well for me. Just my .02$

I have to admit, I still use my old Nebo pack. Been using it for many, many years. Hauled a number of deer in it. It's not camo or anything (red and black), but it just keeps winning the job. There are probably some better options around, but I like it.

I have a couple of the Outdoorsmans Pack System Packs here at the house that I'm giving away in our contest. Those are really nice packs. I had the option to give one away and use the other, and almost did, but decided to give them both away as prizes.

So, I've used the Nebo pack a lot. I like it. I saw them at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day for $80.00. Far cheaper than most other packs.....if you're a bit tight like myself. They go by another name now though.

I even wear it quite often while hunting, instead of a daypack.

7981dscn2030.jpg

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

+1 for the Outdoorsmans Pack System.

It utilizes a rigid, but flexible external frame that handles as much weigh as you can carry, but flexes with you as you move. It can be expanded to 4500 cu in, includes pockets for your spotting scope and tripod, a place for a water bladder, and plenty of other small and large pockets and lashing points. On the back, there is a gun-carrying system, too.

The frame weighs just 2 lbs and the entire pack weighs just over 7 lbs.

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

+2 for the Outdoorsmans System.

Packed a sheep off the hill last year. The pack carried more than I could. Also light enough to use for short day trips.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom