new fall away rest

H

huntinAZ

lookin to replace the Hostage rest on my bow due to the fact that it seems im burnin it up pretty fast i've already rotated all 3 of the brushes and each time i do it throws off my sites, obvisouly.

so if you where going to buy a new fall away what would you buy? i'm trying to keep it at less then a hundred out-the-door

My Cobra drop works great but is a bit noisy. I am buying a new Fuse Acculaunch soon, shot my buddies Katera with it on and it's extremely quiet, accurate, and not over priced.

~Z~

The Ripcord works great and has the upper brace for stalking. Your arrow cannot fall out in any position. I actually use the "Quality Archery Design" Ultra rest. I like it better than the Ripcord because if you let your string down from full draw without firing the drop-away stays up, the ripcord will fall any time the string is let down. The Ultra rest also has the upper brace for stalking. You can look at both of them online at http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20074&hasJS=true

I shoot a trophy taker shaky hunter with the big prongs. I wouldn't recomend it, have had too many problems with fletching clearance. If i had to build it all over, i would probably go with the ripcord

The Trophy Taker is rock solid but it drove me crazy with trying to time out the fletching contact. I finally gave up. I also didn't like the noisy metal prong.

I hate the plastic on the Ripcord and it can be noisy too. I don't like having to put felt on the prongs of a rest as your nock point will change as the felt wears. I've also see a couple failures. One where it got stuck in the up position and one where it would not lock up. They are definitely popular though, so somebody must like them.

The best drop away I've found is the Trophy Ridge Drope Zone. Easy to install. Dead quiet and bulletproof. I've had mine on my bow for 4 years and except for tuning after changing out strings I've never had to mess with it. It gets my vote.

thanks guys, this gives me an idea at what to start looking at, think i am going to be looking at a full containmet rest if this helps as well.

I SHOOT THE SPOTT HOGG AND IT IS PERFECTION. VERY CONVENIENT TO HAVE TOTAL FALL AWAY AND THEN IT RESETS ITSELF.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom