New Jersey Saltwater Fishing

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
I know this is a little far off topic, but I hoped some of our east-coast breathern might be able to provide some information. I am looking at taking a trip back east in August with two of my boys to visit their grandparents. Thought it would be great fun to take my boys fishing with their grandpa off the coast on a saltwater party boat. My parents live in northeast Pennsylvania, so we would be coming in from there, as a result we would be looking mostly at the charters from Perth Amboy, NJ to Long Branch, NJ.

So now getting on to my question: Every website I have looked at is advertizing only Fluke fishing in August. This is a very ugly fish. Are there other fish options like maybe bluefish? Is Fluke at least fun to catch? Should we go with Fluke because we have the best chance of success?

Am thinking of a half-day charter, are the afternoon waters rougher than the morning water in general (afternoon is appealing because of the three-hour drive time from PA).

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Don't know any specific charters but "fluke" is a flounder and IMHO much better eating than bluefish, fluke would be more of a bayfish I believe. Check and see if there are any striped bass charters available at that time of year. Stripers are fun to catch and good to eat.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom