New to Hunting WY - looking for Antelope in SE part of state

elkshooter

Hey all,

I will apologize in advance for my noobie questions, but I'm a Coloradoian(yea, I know you guys call us green-plates) and I want to take my boys (9 and 10) on a WY antelope hunt next fall. You guys seem to have a much better opportunity for goats than we do here. The boys won't shoot, but I want to take them to get some good Dad/son time.

I've never hunted Wyoming but I've spent quite a bit of time researching your regs, draw processes, and doing reading here so I hope to not ask questions already covered. That said, here are my questions that I'm hoping someone can point me in a direction. In return, I'd be happy to help with any info about Colorado.

1. I haven't been able to find the drawing odds anywhere - could someone tell me where I can find a link the the odds. Further, if I don't draw a tag, are there good numbers of leftovers for the SE part of the state?

2. I understand the local G&F offices have lists of landowners who offer trespass fee hunts. What should I expect to pay around the Laramie area.

3. I'm not married to hunting the SE area - I'd go up to Casper if there is a better chance to draw and tag out. I know the whole state has a ton of goats so I'm hoping to draw a tag with 0 preference points

4. It looks like there are some walk-in and hunter management areas that are public. I'm wondering how the hunting is in these areas. In Colorado, when they have done those programs, the areas are crowded as can be with orange.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me find a spot to hunt next fall with my boys. They are anxious to "help" their Dad on a big game hunt.

Scott

I brought my son the second year I went. He was 9 that yr and we had a great time. So i'm saying great choice! plenty of leftover tags and if your not trophy hunting you'll be successful. Hunter Management areas are full of orange but a person can do fine if they hoof it a ways.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom