new to socal, need help on where in the world to hunt down here

huntin40

recently this year i moved to southern california from nevada. have been hunting all my life and just came back from a tough backpack hunt in nevada with nothing but a tag to fill the freezer. A little birdy lifted my spirits telling me that there are still over the counter archery only tags here in california that go for a couple more months.

Is this true? And if so please point me in the right direction. I am definitely not looking for anyones honey hole (I wouldnt give mine away either) I am just looking for a place within a few hours away with the available tags to buy over the counter, that holds deer, preferrably bucks haha.

Thanks a million and good luck to everyone this year!

>Costa mesa

Huntin40 - Your right up the road from me. I live in Dana Point.

huntin40 - The only hunting I do here in So CA is dove hunting over in the Calexico area. Never did any deer hunting down here.

You a bird hunter?

Jim

"Our house is protected by the good lord and a gun, You'll meet both of them if you show up uninvited."

Best OTC archery hunt in SoCal is probably A-31. It's either sex, and goes from September through December. Or you can get an AO ( Archery Only) and hunt almost any zone in California.

thank you so much this is great news!!!! any advice to the most remote area in a-31? i always try to get as far away from roads as possible

A-31 is a draw tag.....you'll need to call to see if there are any left over. Last year they sold out?

BOHNTR )))---------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom