Nikon EDGs

Spartacus

Anybody have experience in the field with these new binocs?

I looked through them last year at the Hunt Expo but haven't talked to anybody that actually has used them hunting.

Are they on par with Swar, Leica?

I am ready to drop some $$$ on some binocs.

Thanks guys,

I just got back from a binoc demo that included all high end and lower priced binocs. I was not hunting with them but here in Oregon its a rainy dark day and the place that put this on was in a wooded pretty dark area. Anyway, they had the Swaro EL's, Leica, Leupold Gold Ring, Zeiss, Vortex and a couple I don't recall. When I picked up the EDG in 10x42 I think not sure if maybe 10x43? Anyway, for me they are in a different class - never been a big fan of the Swaro and these were much clearer and just better. They do really like their binocs though to charge that much $$$$. But they sure are nice.

As I just said in another post, I get to test them all and my current favorite glass is the Nikon EDG. I just want Nikon to make them in a 10x50 or 56.

They are absolutely beautifull glasses edge to edge. It is interesting that they decided to go head to head with Leica and Swaro on price. I am betting given that they are pretty much the same price, most folks will opt for the Swaros because that is what they percieve as the best regardless of which one really looks better to them. It is sort of the Rolex effect.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom