Nikon Monarch

idahoan

Wondering pros and cons of 10 x 42 or a 10 x 56,I like 10 X 42 but have never really seen through say the same binos in the field to compare between the two. Just wondering people who have switched, any help would be useful, thanks.

I've had the 10x42's for 3 years now and for that price range I really like them. Did a lot of research and found that supposedly you'd need a sizeable increase in price to see a noticable increase in quality. If I could have afforded the 10x56 I would've gone for them instead. I went to Cabelas and tested all the brands side by side to get a good feel and fit and chose the monarchs over others in that category. You may want to check out vortex as well - that'll probably be what I switch to when I go to the bigger model.

Ryan
www.KeyToTheKaibab.com

I recommend Monarch ATBs as a Tier three binocular. I like them, I use use them in certain situations and have my son set up with 8x42s and 12x56s.

I prefer a 42mm objective in an 8 and a 50 or 56 in 10 and 12 power. Larger in over all size but better FOV and EP. See more, gathers more light, brighter picture, better in low light.

I would always go for a larger objective unless you were wanting to wear them around your neck.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Thanks guys for your opinions and comments, thanks hardcore, I always wear mine in a bino harness, and forgot about packing them around, i think I will stay with the 10 x 42 thanks again guys

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom