NINE MILE RANGE CREEK LE ELK

T

TATONKA1973

Does anyone know if any bulls have been taken on the late Nine mile range creek limited entry elk hunt this year. The big ones are sure few and far between.

Don't know?
The Anthro Unit has been shot out for the most part.
Still a handful of decent Bulls.
The DWR ought to be real proud of what they've done to this LE Unit.
Maybe swbuckmaster can chime in & tell us how great it really is?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-09 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p]Anthro is destroyed. Had a premium tag in my family this year and did not fill. I know what to do and where to go and seen just a handful of average bulls. Ranchers and the DWR ought to be proud. Good luck selling your landowner tags next year. Everybody ought to boycott this unit along with the cow tags and see what happens. Seen seven bulls fighting for one cow with a broken leg. Sickest thing I ever witnessed hunting. I guess they sold 500 cow tags and I could honestly say I never seen over 20 cows the whole time. That ought to fall under fraud don't you think!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran into a guy from price that had the handicap extension that took his bull prior to the everyone else starting. They said it was pretty good six probably 320 or so. That is the only bull that I have heard of being harvested. We have had the same experience. We have seen several bulls but nothing older that 3 or 4. Raghorn fours,fives and sixes. Haven't seen a good bull yet. Last weekend they were back on the top we didn't see anything below the treeline. I had some trail camera photos from this summer of a few good 350 plus bulls that were hanging out on Patmos but I have yet to see anything like them in a month of hunting. I hope they show up sooner than later. The added pressure from the cow hunters isn't helping. Seems like the bulls that we have seen are still bedding early and coming out late and not giving you any time to get in on them.

I thought that was the F&G objective was kill as many cows on all these units. They kill way to many cows on all these LE elk Units. They've got to keep them numbers down..

If bulldog says they are not there they arent. He knows everything there is to know about that area. That sucks. The problem is they are starting to do it all over the state. You guys better hope you draw in the next couple years cause it is nothing but down hill from here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom