NM 5B archery Who going

Gator

Long Time Member
My nephew and buddies will be down there hunting for the next 2 weeks,they should be Camped up above Berryman Ranch, They will be driving trucks with South Dakota plates if you see them Give them a shout.They are a pretty good bunch to shoot the $hit with plus the up side is finding friends that have alot of hunting land for pheasents,geese, and Whitetail.

Gator
Your buddies should be in for some fun. The bulls are gathering their cows already. I saw a few bulls in 5B this weekend 1 real nice one with about 20 cows. Make sure your buddies have shovels and chains, its has been a real muddy mess out there, being that we have had some real good rain storms.
Adam
www.advunlimited.net

Where is the Berryman ranch located? Will they be up there the whole entire hunt? Have they hunted this unit in the past....if so, how did they do? I have hunted this unit about 7 or 8 times.......hard hunt, but doable.

JBone

Off Hwy 84 and FS 145
Yes we have hunted this unit before.
They was told to bring chains and extra tires and Gas.
A buddy of ours told us they had started the rut and herding up cows and bugling it up pretty good in the evening and it's starting to cool down at night up there. so it shoul;d be a great hunt for them, This is their big ticket hunt this year last year it was unit 22 AZ and they did great there.They intend to stay a couple of weeks,

Tell 'em good luck for me Gator. I'll be about 50 miles away...guess they're scaling back the number of tags in 5b in the coming years so it'll probably get better.

You know how the cell coverage is there Bill, I'm hoping to hear from them today or tomarrow, But another buddy called and told me that they had been bugling pretty good at dark but shut up quick in the morning time. The cool rain did help get them going a little so I hope that keeps up.
I will let you all know what they end up getting.

They called and they said the bulls are just now really talking Pass daylight, Got frost a couple of nights ago so the rut is kicking in, They have got a few stalks in but one one shot, They hope things change this week. They have been seeing elk all week They had cows and spike bulls in close but let they pass hoping for a big one, The last days of the hunt they will start looking at anything brown will be down, It rained 5 dys striaght on them so they are hoping that the rains stop for a day or two. LOL It been a great hunt up to this point they say.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom