NM Bighorn Sheep Tags

northernNMhtr

In my opinion I think that the Bighorn tags should also be allocated to hunters according to the 78% Res./ 22% NR rule. If you look at the data over the past 4 years (2004-2007) residents drew about 30% of these tags.

If you are wondering who I am, refer to the General Hunting forum under "Another New-be to MM forum" also this NM site "reply to How many are NM members".

NM is still working under an old federal court order that exempted bighorn, oryx and ibex from any quotas. That ruling was before congress passed the law that said states can control their own hunting. The old order needs to be challenged under the new law and then we can limit non-residents for sheep.

Start writing letters to the game commissioners. McClintock feels the same way we do and is checking into the legal aspect of challenging the order.

I totally "Agree" with ya Northern ! I'd almost bet you a couple rocks that if you dig a little deeper,,,,,, " It's all about the Money ! You can put a little more fuel in the ol'gas tank with the out of state Big Horn Tag. But we have to remember, we live in New Mexico. :0)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom