NM Marching on Alamogordo yet?

Bluehair

Long Time Member
Another guy trump can add to his campaign pledge pardon list.

Bluehair are you jealous that just maybe sleepy Joe may be giving his son a pardon when he leaves office in 2024. Oh I forgot, Sleepy Joe will just continue his coverup of their shady deals to prevent his son from being charged with a crime.
You know the funny part about the whole deal is that if Hunter Biden is arrested and facing many years in prison, he is the type that will turn on his father and rat him out for a lessor sentence. Neither he or Sleepy Joe has a moral code and are crooks without honor to anyone.
RELH

Has joe pledged to pardon his son?

Your post has absolutely nothing to do with the state disqualifying insurrectionists from holding ELECTED office.

"misdemeanor count of entering and remaining on restricted grounds on Jan. 6, 2021"

Pretty big leap from misdemeanor tresspassing to insurrection. Words used to have meaning.

"misdemeanor count of entering and remaining on restricted grounds on Jan. 6, 2021"

Pretty big leap from misdemeanor tresspassing to insurrection. Words used to have meaning.
Does the purpose of the trespass have any bearing on the penalty?:unsure:

Again, its about what the State did. Shake the cobwebs out.

Does the purpose of the trespass have any bearing on the penalty?:unsure:

Again, its about what the State did. Shake the cobwebs out.

You know, insurrection is a criminal charge right? That would be one way to show "purpose" right?

Again. Words, meanings. I realize it's hard to tell a story when the facts keep getting in the way.

You know, insurrection is a criminal charge right? That would be one way to show "purpose" right?

Again. Words, meanings. I realize it's hard to tell a story when the facts keep getting in the way.
I have no idea what the law in NM says, and if it’s even possible to sanction someone for what happened.

I was hoping someone could explain it to me, but they are all hung up on trump. Tds?

violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution

Come on man, do your homework so we can argue like adults

violated Section 3 of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution

Come on man, do your homework so we can argue like adults
Ok, I read Fox so I’m all caught up.

So, you‘re agreeing with the constitutional grounds cited by the judge for removing him. Got it.

Ok, I read Fox so I’m all caught up.

So, you‘re agreeing with the constitutional grounds cited by the judge for removing him. Got it.

Orrr, you could just read the posted article.

No. I'm just one of the crazy folks who think if you're gonna disqualify someone for INSURRECTION, based on actions on Jan 6th, then at a minimum, they should have at least been charged with insurrection?

Or, I guess some state judge in NM knew more than the DOJ?

I KNOW,

Orange man bad. Eyes glaze over, brain shuts down. I get it

Insurrection, or rebellion, is a crime under Title 18 of the US Code, punishable by a fine, a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, or both. Being found guilty of insurrection also makes someone ineligible to hold office in the United States. -CNN

To be "guilty of insurrection", you have to be charged, face a jury, found guilty.

Feel free to go read the statute for "entering and remaining", a misdameanor. If the punishment include intelligibility for public office, you win. Otherwise, it's ok if you just tip your hat and scamper away to the next one?

Insurrection, or rebellion, is a crime under Title 18 of the US Code, punishable by a fine, a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, or both. Being found guilty of insurrection also makes someone ineligible to hold office in the United States. -CNN

To be "guilty of insurrection", you have to be charged, face a jury, found guilty.

Feel free to go read the statute for "entering and remaining", a misdameanor. If the punishment include intelligibility for public office, you win. Otherwise, it's ok if you just tip your hat and scamper away to the next one?
You’re having quite an argument with yourself.:ROFLMAO:

My question has always been whether the state of NM can and should have barred him from ever holding ELECTED office there again.

I don’t care much about the tangential semantics argument.

My question has always been whether the state of NM can and should have barred him from ever holding ELECTED office there again.

"Tangential semantics".

Come on Blue.

Here's his defense

"I wasn't convicted of any crime that statute says bars me from office"

And the rebuttal?

Either charge folks, or STFU.

There are Oath Keepers charged. So be it.

If convicted, bar them.

We quit doing law by "what the judge feels", in the 1700's.

The judge, a STATE district judge, barred him from LOCAL OR FEDERAL office.

Can I send you a article in braille?

And IF you read, the feds DECLINED to prosecute.

Judge shopping ain't new.

The judge, a STATE district judge, barred him from LOCAL OR FEDERAL office.

Can I send you a article in braille?

And IF you read, the feds DECLINED to prosecute.

Judge shopping ain't new.
Glad to see you’re finally catching up. I believe that was my original point before you went down some trump rabbit hole.

Huh.

And for some reason it seemed you were trying to make some stupid point about Trump pardoning some dude.

"Another guy trump can add to his campaign pledge pardon list."

I wonder where I'd get that idea

Huh.

And for some reason it seemed you were trying to make some stupid point about Trump pardoning some dude.

"Another guy trump can add to his campaign pledge pardon list."

I wonder where I'd get that idea
I can see how I confused you. My apologies.

The wisecrack about trump was really me acknowledging the importance of a win to so many people who are counting on him setting them free.

In the dark corners of my mind I was also wondering if a presidental pardon would vacate a state ruling, but I’m too lazy to look it up. No doubt it will play out soon and we’ll all know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom