NM Muley load

lve2143

Very Active Member
I'm going with my standard, 250 Barnes over
three pellets of Pyrodex.

I see no way of improving on that,
but open to suggestions.

The bullet is great. Powder is generally consistent and accurate. So if you can shoot it accurately, wouldn't change a thing. Personally, I can't consistently shoot 150 gr charge accurately. Too recoil shy and my neck won't take it any more. But if you can........

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

+1 on the Barnes. I shoot the 250gr. TMZ, and it does wonders on anything it hits, elk, deer, or otherwise. I prefer two of the 777 Magnums over three of the 50 grain standard pellets because I think it burns more efficiently in a shorter column even though it's essentially the same powder. I've had more than one person say they can see their third 50 grain pellet burning as it is going out of the barrel (which does not help your velocity any). I shoot a Remington Genesis with a 28" barrel and two Magnums, and I get a little over 2000 fps out of it. If you are shooting a 26" barrel, I would recommend the Magnums just because your powder column is shorter and burns quicker, which is beneficial when you have less space to burn it in. My current setup will shoot 1? groups at 100 yards, so accuracy is not an issue either. However, if you are getting good accuracy and velocity out of your current setup, I would keep it as is. There?s no sense in fixing something that isn't broken.

Good luck. BTW, just out of curiosity, which unit did you draw?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom