NM Oryx draw

B

Bulzeye

For all of you that like to watch water boil I just thought I'd mention that the NM Oryx results should be available a week from today on March 9th. Perhaps we'll see some credit card hits soon?

I would venture to guess that your online account will be disabled once they begin the draw process. At least I hope, otherwise they will run into problems if people are still changing their hunt codes during the process. I just signed in to take a look and am still able to change my hunts if I wanted.

I see that the Draw 1 applications are locked down. You should still be able to edit Draw 2 hunts for another month. Should be anytime now.

Good to see they have the handle on their system to disable the edit option for the first draw hunts. On a side note I do have a pending charge on my account.

JK...just trying to stir the pot.

Just found out that my 12 year old drew the March 08 hunt in Stallion. I think I am more excited to take him then if I drew my own tag. Any info would be greatly appreciated. It is going to be a long year waiting to go. I bet I will here "is it time to go yet" a million times. It was his first tag input/draw that he has ever tried for. Looks like it is going to set the bar pretty high from here on out.

bkhunter

My buddy and I both drew (separately) for on range depredation tags but did not get a rank number???? Last year I was able to see my rank number online after the draw (30). I hope I'm fortunate enough to draw a good number again this year. I took a 30" cow on Holloman AFB on that hunt. Congrats to all who drew out. You will have an awsome time.

JO

Congrats to your boy, that is GREAT!

Get him the biggest rifle he can shoot accurately and load it with premium bullets. Make sure he knows that you need to shoot an Oryx thru the shoulder to get the good stuff, guts are way forward.

The numbers are not what they used to be 10 years ago. Success rates have dropped but it will still be a great hunt. Stallion has a great number of huntable animals. Get on a high spot looking west first thing in the morning. WHen the sun first comes up it makes them shine like a new penny and they are much easier to see.

Take two sharp knives.

Most of the Range cops and Game wardens are good about helping the kids find animals, let them know.

Don't take cameras, they are fussy about that.

You guys are going to have a great time.

;}

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom