NM residents need to see this post.

kimbersig

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-10 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-10 AT 01:12?PM (MST)

dont' know if any of yall had seen this but i hadn't heard this was happening. cow tags during the deer archery season for a couple units. pretty cool....except for the fact that they are any legal sporting arm during the ARCHERY HUNT!!!!!!!!! seriously what is the game and fish thinking?

I thought about it too , last Januery I was in 34 for a lion hunt after the snow hammered the unit and over the weekend there was deer hunters all over the place on quads and trucks. Can only imagine the currupt(sp)nature and just how many bow hunters who didn't draw elk tags are viewing this as a "chance" to now carry that high power? I'm not saying, I'm just sayin!

with that said,come January bowhunters in any of those units should have the game wardens for those units phone numbers in thier cell phones.

>with that said,come January bowhunters in
>any of those units should
>have the game wardens for
>those units phone numbers in
>thier cell phones.

Sorry about the the first post!

I checked the Proclamtion and this is what I found on the units that they are selling elk tags.

Unit 9 (including Water Canyon but not Marquez Wildlife Area) --Jan. 1-31, 50 licenses.
Findings: (There is no Jan Archery Deer Hunts unit.)

Unit 34 (portions of unit open; click here for map) -- Jan. 1-31, 100 licenses.
Findings: (Limited Area where you can only hunt elk and deer is the whole Unit.)

Unit 53 (except Cerro portion) -- Dec. 4-8, 50 licenses.
Findings: (There is no Jan Archery Deer Hunts in this unit.)

Hope this elimates the confusion.

ya i saw it was only a portion of the unit but still there is some good deer hunting in those parts...part of that area is where i hunt when i have a january bow tag. if they would make it 1-15 bow only then open it up to the all legal sporting arms i think it would be best. i don't like the idea of rifle hunters and bow hunters out together. potential safety issue and potential messed up hunting for bow hunters.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom