no more FaceBook

jodog

Very Active Member
I had a facebook account for a few years and never logged in to it ..I think one of my kids created it for me I can't remember because I never used it. Yesterday I deactivated it. Am I the only person in America that isn't on facebook ?

Deleting your facebook account is like running away when you're a little kid...you'll be back in about an hour!!

~Z~

I am 28 and have never had a facebook account and don't plan on having one any time soon! I know very few people under the age of 50 that don't have them. I just don't see the appeal. but to each their own.

I don't have one either...I'm 54. I think people are idiots to put all their personal information out there for everybody to read...Who cares???

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I'm 27 never had one never gonna get one I mean who really gives a sh!& what im thinking or doing. I Know my friend posts up 50 pics of our hunts,(wish he wouldn't) I think its people that have nothing better to do or they are wanting to get praised or something I sure don't get it
7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

No face book for me!!!
The wife and I both decided not to get involved. Wow, I know alot of people that are pretty crazy about it though. Mmmmm, kinda like me checking the MM forums on most days. LOL

I agree with king, having a bunch of personal info out there is scary. I swore to never have an account. One day at school my wife created an account for me because she wanted me to have one. So I'll admit I have one but rarely use it.

I have one for one reason only. It is my communication link to my son in the Army stationed in Afghanistan. Since I live out of the State I grew up in it has gotten me in contact with a couple of buddies I hunted with as a kid. It is a great tool in finding people and classmates from the past. Outside of that I am hardly ever on it for anything else. Why people want to put their everyday life on there I don't have a clue. I ignore or pass up all that drama stuff.

GBA

Im 26 and I dont have one. Not getting one either, Agree with Completesportsman, my wife complains about what other people write. Nothing but drama on facebook. My son said why do people put stuff that they do every minute. and he is only 11 and see what other people write. He said "its just like writing "oops ! I just farted sniff sniff" boys being boys

No facebook for me. A total waste of time. I couldn't care less what people are doing every second of the day.

I have an account and use it regularly for professional networking purposes and for fun. I keep in contact with the people I want to and ignore those I don't care about too much. I like it because if I can interact with people in my profession all over the world within minutes. It is a good tool if you view it as such. I stay away from the drama.

Burnin' up don't know just how far that I can go, soon be home only just 4 downs to go, I can make it I know I can! You broke the boy in me but you won't break the man! I can see a new horizon blazin' on the Mile High. I'll be where the eagle's flyin' higher and higher! Gonna be your man in motion, all I need's my Broncos team take me where my future's lyin' Tim Tebow's Fire! GO BRONCOS!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Like Roy said, It's easy to stay away from the drama just delete any drama queen's .. It's a cool tool to keep in touch with old friends and family.. For me it's basically like MM except it's people I know personally.. I really like it..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-12 AT 03:08PM (MST)[p]Oh the irony runs deep. Somehow the wasted time on FB is inherently different then going to MM and making a 'status' update about it. LMAO!!! Drama? ..no drama here either. Too funny.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I'm with 1911. You guys brag bout not havin a facebook account yet this site is for far bigger loosers than facebook. And your on here as a regular! The hypocrisy knows no bounds! ROFDL!

Now, as for there being no drama on here I would agree. Now lets go start a mormon thread!

I was going to leave it alone until 1911 nailed it.....This site has WAY more illiterate, whinney, sniveling, "fags" than facebook.

The difference is, you can lock out the dirtbags on facebook, but on here, you have to wade thru the hypocracy to get to the good stuff.

If you don't like it, simply say,"it's not MY thing",....it ain't necessary to slam other peoples choices.

"Fathom the hypocracy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove that they are insured.....but not everyone must prove that they are a citizen"

This site fits me just fine!!!!! F you all!!! LoL!!!!

I don't have one but my wife does. It is a great way for her to keep up with both of our families who are a long ways away. She just doesn't accept people as friends she isn't that aren't family or friends. She calls MM my face book and she's correct. I waste more time on here than she does on face book.

No facebook or twitter for me, if I want to talk to someone I would rather pick up the phone and talk to them in person. Email works just fine otherwise. Not vain enough to need a see me page, but to each there own.

Jody

My wife set me up with one a few years ago, but I spend all my time here instead of there. It's alright getting in touch with my Navy buddies, but other than that, it's pretty useless. My number of friends keeps dwindling. Every time one of them sends me a friggin farmville or family tree request, they get nuked.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-12 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]Don't have the need or time for the damn thing. A cousin of mine asked me if I was on Facebook, and I told her the exact same thing. Pointless and a waste of time. Anyone from my military time is on my wife's account so that is how I keep up with them.
WVBOWAK

It should be called AZZBOOK!!! Because that's what most people act like on that site....

It's OK if used properly.I got an account to watch my two teenagers' accounts. I rarely post but have to admit it is a good way to keep up with what's going on in old friend's lives whom I would normally not talk to. Have rekindled some really good friendships that way. I have never sent a friend request but accept those sent to me.For all the drama posters and "I just went to the bathroom" posters I just block their posts.

Of course,it's a double edged sword. My friend is a divorce attorney and he says Facebook is a big factor in leading to many divorces these days. I believe it. I have had several old girlfriends and some others contact me through Facebook obviously seeking to get something going even though they know I am married-and I ain't no prize...

My wife found an old boyfreind on face book. Now I am headed for Divorce court! Thanks Facebook you did me a favor! Maybe I will sign up and go trolling. NOT!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom