Non res moving to WY point

S

smilesgv

I am currently a non resident with max elk points and handful of points for deer/antelope. I have the possiblity of getting a new job and moving to WY. My questions is what happens to all my points if I become a resident? Does it affect me applying as a resident? Or does it turn out that I just made a donation for 7 years? Thanks.

There's no preference points for residents for deer, elk, antelope...looks like a donation.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-12 AT 05:57PM (MST)[p]What a bunch of naysayers, LOL! You'll have next year again to use them up because you have to live in Wyoming for a full year before you can apply as a resident. Next year even if you have moved there you will still have to apply as a nonresident and then in 2014 if you still have any they would be gone because you would have to apply as a resident. I'd be making some plans to use them somewhere this year or in 2014 if you do move. If you have applied for deer or elk you can modify your application this year until June 3, but you have to stay in the same draw you already applied for. In other words, you can't change from regular to special or vice versa. Trust me on this one because my buddy, who now lives in Sheridan, was in this same scenario a couple years ago and spent the extra money on a Special elk tag so he would not just lose his PPs, even though he was already living in Wyoming.

Those points don't go away. I moved back to Wyoming in August of 2008, and I still have 3 deer points and 1 elk point.

Technically, they are worthless since Wyo doesn't issue points for deer, elk & antelope.

Not true. If you don't buy a license or anoher PP in two consecutive years they are wiped from your record. Maybe you have been purchasing a license while you're a resident and the computer is keeping them on your record. It would be interesting to see if you moved away and then applied for a NR license if they would allow you to use them.

Once again, Topgun, thank you for knowing everything! A guy asks a question, of which I have direct knowledge; I give a factual reply, and you tell me I'm wrong. Amazing.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-12 AT 10:10AM (MST)[p]Sorry, but you're wrong. You lose yor PPs if you don't buy a PP or a license for the species your PPs are good for in two consecutive years. It's right in black and white in the booklet and my buddy lost his 2 deer PPs because of that! If they have yours showing on the computer, it's either a mistake or because you have been buying license as a resident just like I said and they consider that meeting that requirement. Those are the only two ways they could still be on the computer, so tell me different!

NR Booklet Page 6 bottom left:
Applicants who elect not to check the preference point fee option will participate in the draw based on the number of preference points, if any, previously accumulated, but will not earn an additional preference point if unsuccessful in the drawing. However, if an applicant does not check the preference point fee option, purchase preference points or purchase a
license and remit the proper fee for two consecutive years, all accumulated preference points will be deleted from the applicant's account.

You can apologize any time!

Thanks! I just noticed that in my post #4 I put deer and elk instead of deer and antelope that you can modify your application until June 3---sorry!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom